Alexandra's Tools
So this week has been a week of 1st's for Alexandra. She zipped her coat up all by herself for the 1st time this week (which is amazing because the zipper on her coat sticks and is hard to do). Also this morning while getting ready for school she found a screwdriver and has figured out how to undo screws on her baby stroller. She also figured out how to put them back in, but taking them out is much more fun. So now her stroller has several "missing" pieces (not really missing, just not where they should be) and she is on the lookout for any thing else that has screws that she can take out. I've already had to ban her from door hinges.... Yeah I didn't think this was something I was going to have to worry about with girls.
Yesterday Dean and I watched a movie we got for Christmas from Nan and Pop (my grandparents). It's called Mario's Conviction. Now I wasn't too sure about this movie when we first got it. But it was awesome. It's about a guy who was a mobster in Detroit and became a Mormon (it's a documentary). It's funny when he talks about being a thief and all his mob experiences (till the end when he talks about getting out - not so funny then), but then to hear all of his experiences. It was amazing. My favorite parts were hearing the stake president and temple president talking about how they weren't sure about giving him a temple recommend/letting him serve in the temple, but then how the Lord tells them that he is worthy and not to judge him on his past which he has repented of. So cool! If you get the opportunity to watch this movie, go for it! Or if you live near me and want to borrow it..... Here's a link to Deseret Book so you can read more about it if you want http://deseretbook.com/store/product/5015616#
Also apparently there is another movie/book called Mafia to Mormon by Mario Facione, so I'm gonna have to look those up!
So put it in the stack, so I don't forget it the next time I'm over. And YEAH! Alexandra!
ReplyDeleteI love that she is "fixing" things!
ReplyDeleteI found you on Lorna and Jenalee's blogs. I cant believe it!! How have you been? Congratulations on the pregnancy, I hope everything continues to go well. I will keep you in my prayers. Your girls are adorable. Where are you at now? Your aunt Cherry is in my ward, and I have often wondered what happened to you and how you are. Hope we can keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteHailey
Have I just been completely out of it, or what? You're pregnant???? Congratulations!! I don't know how I missed that...Well, I could be that I only get on the computer once a week (if I'm REALLY lucky). I'm glad to hear that you're trying to be a good girl. That must be so hard to do...Love ya!
ReplyDelete