A Month in Review
Wow! I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. Ok, I can believe it because I know how crazy my month has been.
A few weeks ago I had some moles removed. They ended up being benign!! Thank goodness! I was pretty worried especially about one of them. And now I'm just waiting for the stinking spots to heal. It's getting there but they are still itching, and it seems I'm allergic to band-aids. (I have huge itchy red spots around the edges of where the band-aids touch my skin. I keep trying to reposition the band-aids in different spots, so now I have a huge, itchy, red, round circle around where the band-aids have been.
I also started getting some symptoms of PPD. So they have upped my Prozac and I've been in to see the psychiatrist once already. It hasn't been bad like with Alexandra, but I'm just glad I caught it before it got that bad. My doctor said they can up it again if we need to if I don't feel like I'm at 100% in a few more weeks. Mostly it's just been the tired, and irritability, and not feeling like doing ANYTHING that I normally love. (Hence why it's been so long since I've posted). But I can feel it working already - hey I'm trying to write a post - so it MUST be getting better!
We got an awesome new exersaucer for Scarlett (and once she's big enough to sit in it I'll post pictures). Alexandra thought the box was awesome! It was her cave until Dean threw it out (and she was very upset the day she came home from school and it wasn't here anymore).

A few weeks ago I had some moles removed. They ended up being benign!! Thank goodness! I was pretty worried especially about one of them. And now I'm just waiting for the stinking spots to heal. It's getting there but they are still itching, and it seems I'm allergic to band-aids. (I have huge itchy red spots around the edges of where the band-aids touch my skin. I keep trying to reposition the band-aids in different spots, so now I have a huge, itchy, red, round circle around where the band-aids have been.
I also started getting some symptoms of PPD. So they have upped my Prozac and I've been in to see the psychiatrist once already. It hasn't been bad like with Alexandra, but I'm just glad I caught it before it got that bad. My doctor said they can up it again if we need to if I don't feel like I'm at 100% in a few more weeks. Mostly it's just been the tired, and irritability, and not feeling like doing ANYTHING that I normally love. (Hence why it's been so long since I've posted). But I can feel it working already - hey I'm trying to write a post - so it MUST be getting better!
We got an awesome new exersaucer for Scarlett (and once she's big enough to sit in it I'll post pictures). Alexandra thought the box was awesome! It was her cave until Dean threw it out (and she was very upset the day she came home from school and it wasn't here anymore).
We had the community celebration again this year at the school. Only this time I was just a volunteer, not one of the people in charge. I didn't get too many pictures because I had my arms full of all of their stuff! They did get to climb through a fire truck, sit on the police motorcycle, and sit in an ambulance. They got to play tons of games and won some prizes! I even won a few things in the drawing - tickets to Skate City and Waterworld! I also won a GREAT sunburn - and no there aren't any pictures, but those who saw me at the end of the day will always remember!



I also had my 31st birthday this month. It was a good day. I had a Mary Kay party in the morning with some of my friends, and it was a fun time!! Then Dean took me out to the movies and dinner. We saw The Time Traveler's Wife and I loved it!!! I was still crying when the lights came on at the end. It's always a good movie if it can make me cry! Although I do have to admit it did have some weird parts too. Then we tried to go to dinner, but just as we sat down our babysitters called. Scarlett had been screaming for an hour and they couldn't get her to calm down. We're not sure what happened, but I think it was just being over at a house she didn't know and Mommy and Daddy weren't there to calm her down when she got upset. Once we got her home she calmed right down and was good the rest of the night.
I had my first day of volunteering in Alexandra's classroom. I really like her teacher. She does very well with the Kindergartners. I'm looking forward to this year!
I also had my 31st birthday this month. It was a good day. I had a Mary Kay party in the morning with some of my friends, and it was a fun time!! Then Dean took me out to the movies and dinner. We saw The Time Traveler's Wife and I loved it!!! I was still crying when the lights came on at the end. It's always a good movie if it can make me cry! Although I do have to admit it did have some weird parts too. Then we tried to go to dinner, but just as we sat down our babysitters called. Scarlett had been screaming for an hour and they couldn't get her to calm down. We're not sure what happened, but I think it was just being over at a house she didn't know and Mommy and Daddy weren't there to calm her down when she got upset. Once we got her home she calmed right down and was good the rest of the night.
I had my first day of volunteering in Alexandra's classroom. I really like her teacher. She does very well with the Kindergartners. I'm looking forward to this year!
Also Alexandra had her first Kindergarten field trip to the zoo. It was a blast. They had to do an animal scavenger hunt and find an animal that started with each letter of the alphabet. We were able to find all but X. She has some great kids in her class. And she has found a best friend! If I had to imagine a little kid to be Alexandra's best friend it would be Taylor. They get along so well!!!


Her teacher is wearing the green shirt!
I really didn't have this many kids with me. I was with two other moms. We had a great time!

The girls are doing great. Both Riley and Alexandra love their classes and their teachers. I think they are going to do awesome this year in school. Scarlett is just growing and growing. She is a little chatterbox. She will sit and "talk" to me for hours. She still doesn't nap very well, but she's sleeping through the night almost every night now, and I will take that over naps any day! She's getting more coordinated so almost everything she can grab goes in her mouth. She's still trying to figure out how to get her thumb in her mouth and it's fun to watch her because she goes cross-eyed as she's looking at her hands.
Her teacher is wearing the green shirt!
I took some more videos of her. I swear she can smile! But you pull the camera out and away they go.... I did get a brief one in the second video.
I don't know what I love best - the eyes, the cheeks or that iddy biddy chin! Love it love it!!! She is so so cute!!! :) (You have such beautiful girls, you guys do good work!) I hope the meds work well for you... I really think I had ppd looking back on my posts (lol). It stinks. I didn't do meds, but I'd rather deal with the ppd than the side-effects of the meds. One must choose her battles, right? :)
ReplyDelete