The Olive Miracle
So I had my own little miracle on Sunday!
Two weeks ago in my primary class the lesson was all about keeping the Sabbath Day holy.
Yesterday we were having a family get together since Cindy's in town. I decided to make a pasta salad for the dinner. Saturday night while lying in bed I remembered I didn't have any olives. I knew I didn't have any olives because we'd had tacos last week and I had searched through the cupboards and found the last can then. So since everyone's in bed, and I'm not gonna wake them up to run to the store, I decided I would just stop at the store on the way home from church. (GASP) I know......but it was for family.....at least that was what I kept telling myself. So Sunday when I woke up all I could think was "I taught the kids they weren't supposed to shop on Sunday. I'm a horrible person." So I decided that I wasn't going to pick up any olives and my salad would just be oliveless. After I had gotten mostly ready for church, I was getting all the stuff together for the salad and guess what I found in my cupboard......That's right. A beautiful can of olives. I didn't even have to look for it. It was sitting right in the front on one shelf. I knew right away it was because I had committed to keeping the Sabbath Day. Who knew that Heavenly Father would bless me that way. Sometimes it just amazes me how much love our Heavenly Father has for us. Because a can of olives was important to me, it was important to Him!
Two weeks ago in my primary class the lesson was all about keeping the Sabbath Day holy.
Yesterday we were having a family get together since Cindy's in town. I decided to make a pasta salad for the dinner. Saturday night while lying in bed I remembered I didn't have any olives. I knew I didn't have any olives because we'd had tacos last week and I had searched through the cupboards and found the last can then. So since everyone's in bed, and I'm not gonna wake them up to run to the store, I decided I would just stop at the store on the way home from church. (GASP) I know......but it was for family.....at least that was what I kept telling myself. So Sunday when I woke up all I could think was "I taught the kids they weren't supposed to shop on Sunday. I'm a horrible person." So I decided that I wasn't going to pick up any olives and my salad would just be oliveless. After I had gotten mostly ready for church, I was getting all the stuff together for the salad and guess what I found in my cupboard......That's right. A beautiful can of olives. I didn't even have to look for it. It was sitting right in the front on one shelf. I knew right away it was because I had committed to keeping the Sabbath Day. Who knew that Heavenly Father would bless me that way. Sometimes it just amazes me how much love our Heavenly Father has for us. Because a can of olives was important to me, it was important to Him!
I so love stories like that. I have to tell you one of mine. One weekend, we decided to use our tithing money for a night on the town. That Sunday, we read a scripture in class - the one that says "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." I just sat there and thought dude. I have to pay tithing, even though I have no money in my account to back it up. Two days later in the mail, we got a very unexpected check from our utility company for the amount of our tithing check (it was like within $3 of the amount, but still!). I was able to pay my tithing after all and not bounce anything. I love being obedient and the blessings that come from it. Whenever I see a can of olives in my cupboard, I'm going to think of you. :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you!
ReplyDelete