Things I Don't Want to Forget

So I'm sitting here in bed sick with what I'm assuming is the flu. The aches and pains and weakness kinda gave it away. Scarlett is sitting here in bed with me doing some of her funny things and I just wanted to write some of them down before they get forgotten in the craziness of life. And yes I know I have tons of other post I need to do, but even typing wears me out!

Currently she has been laying on top of me with Riley's applicator from her cell phone lip gloss and is brushing it all over my face (luckily Riley hasn't used it yet so there is no lip gloss on it) telling me to "Old Still!" It's making me laugh which is a good thing.

All buttons are called "Butts!" So her belly button is her "Belly Butt!" And I can't tell you how many times a day I have to tell her she can't push buttons, whether it's on the phone, remote, keyboard, or any other appliance that happens to have buttons.

She loves to "Hinny" (hiding). If you have a blanket she wants you to throw it on top of her so she can "Hinny". She also loves hiding things and asking you "Where'd it go?" The best is when she pulls her hand into her sleeve so you can't see it and asks "Where'd it go?" and then shoves her hand out "Der it is!"

She still calls Riley and Alexandra "Riley". Although at one point she would say "Riley" and "Not Riley". I'm not sure that was any better. We have caught her a couple of times saying "Allie", but it sounds so much like Riley it's hard to tell.

She loves to point out letters that she knows anytime she sees them. Currently those letters are C, U, S, B, G and her all time favorite of O. Seriously anytime she sees an O she has to show it to you.

Her shoe fetish has grown and now includes socks. She loves putting on socks. She will do it for hours! Especially if there is someone next to her to help her get the "stuck" socks off. I think the most she has had on one foot is 3 so far. Two of hers and one of Riley's. She loves putting Dean's and mine on because she can pull them all the way up her leg. I can no longer put socks on her in the morning. She has to do it. And then we have a big fight because she doesn't want me to put shoes on, she wants to take them off and do it again. Although once I tell her we're going Bye-Bye the shoe fight stops.

She is so good about going to bed and down for naps most days. But the cutest thing is when I tell her it's Ni-Ni time she says "Hug and Kiss!" and we have to give everyone who is home a hug and a kiss.

She loves to chase her sisters and be chased. I love hearing her little giggle as they run down the hall.

She's found she loves to push her shopping cart all over the downstairs. It's fun to watch cuz she'll just push it around and around in a circle all over the house.

She such a cutie and people love to give her things. We were walking into King Soopers the other day when one of the baggers stopped us and wanted to talk to her. For those of you who don't live in this area, most of the baggers at the big supermarkets are disabled. So Paul was talking to her and trying to get her to say "Hi Paul!" It was very cute. When he decides he wants to give her a brand new quarter. So he sorts through his change and finds a quarter for her. I felt so bad taking the quarter from him, but I knew it meant a lot for him to give it to her. He kept telling me to hold on to it, so she wouldn't lose it. Then he asked me if I had any other kids, so I told him she had 2 sisters and he gave me quarters for them too. Really he was just a sweet, sweet man. Then a couple of days later we were at Game Stop picking up Valentine's presents for the family. Scarlett of course was trying to wreak havoc on the shelves while I was trying to check out. I said something jokingly to the clerk about how they don't think about the little kids when they put shelves that low. And I also said how much fun she'd had playing with their display of Babysitting Mama games. It's a WII game that comes with a huge doll and it's in a crib for packaging. You can look at the link to see it if you want. The clerk tells me to wait just a sec and then comes around the counter and starts looking at all the packages. He then gives me their "Demo" doll that doesn't have a game for Scarlett. I couldn't believe that he just gave it to us. The other clerk though made me laugh, because he said "Yeah, get rid of it. It's creepy looking." The doll is half the size of Scarlett and she loves packing it around. She's not even 2 and is already getting presents from men.....I'm not sure that is a good sign...

She loves soup. All soup. My other girls don't even really like soup now. But Scarlett will sit and eat soup with me all the time. Her favorite is split pea or vegetable.

She loves to have pretty things like "Brett"s in her hair. (Barrettes) She loves to grab headbands and put them on and have you tell her how pretty she looks.

I love to hear her laugh. She has the best little giggle. Alexandra was making her laugh last night and I just loved it.

She loves her little shape ball that she has and is amazingly good at putting the shapes back in it. I don't remember the other two being able to put them back when they were this little. It probably helps that her ball has shapes in different colors that match the cutouts in the ball where they go....

She loves to get in the "TUBBIE!" and you have to be careful to not say that word around her, unless you are planning on putting her in.

Dean has always done what we call Jump Hugs with the girls before bed. They stand across the room and run and jump on him. She just recently started doing it like her sisters. She stands across the room and says "One, Two, Free" and then runs and jumps.

I hear a lot of "Mine" and "Let Go!" during the day, but she is getting better little bit by bit.

I can't remember if I blogged about her "Ach Knee" but that is what she says for excuse me. And recently she has figured out that she needs to say "Ach You" when it's someone else. It's super cute! She also says "Bess You!" when anyone sneezes.

I love this little girl and love being able to be a part of all her growing up! I'm glad she and her sisters love each other so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears