Enrichment
Last night our Relief Society had their Enrichment night. It was great. I really enjoy our ward and the sisters in it. I've been able to make such good friends there. It was fun just to be able to have an evening of fun and be able to sit and talk. We had a big dinner and then we listened to a Christmas story. Then we broke into 3 groups and chose a "model" in our groups to make into a snowman using tissue paper, white garbage bags, balloons, and construction paper. Our group won for having the best snowman. We were quite creative....I even ran outside to find some branches for the arms. Poor Heidi, she looked so uncomfortable. We even used eyeliner to make her eyes "coal". Then we had a cupcake decorating section and an origami Christmas ornaments section (which I taught). We used scrapbook paper for the ornaments and just made origami balls. It was fun and I think I'm going to do it with my girls this year to decorate the tree. As long as the paper is thick enough you can put it on Christmas tree lights and make "lanterns". Riley's really into origami. She keeps checking out books from the library, and then gets upset because the books are really hard. Hard enough so that I can't even help her out. But yesterday when she saw the example balls I had made, she had me teach her how to do it and then she spent all afternoon making them.
I really enjoyed the dinner that we had, so I'm going to post the recipe. It's a crock pot recipe and is super easy, but so yummy.
Black bean Salsa Chicken
7-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut in half
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Place chicken in crock pot. Pour broth, salsa, corn beans, & taco seasoning over the chicken. (I mixed the salsa, broth, and seasoning together and then poured it over the rest). Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Stir sour cream and cheese into the sauce. You can then either put the chicken back in or pour the sauce over the chicken on a platter.
Our chicken was so soft from having cooked so long that it just fell apart and so it was more like a soup. So yummy!
I really enjoyed the dinner that we had, so I'm going to post the recipe. It's a crock pot recipe and is super easy, but so yummy.
Black bean Salsa Chicken
7-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut in half
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Place chicken in crock pot. Pour broth, salsa, corn beans, & taco seasoning over the chicken. (I mixed the salsa, broth, and seasoning together and then poured it over the rest). Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Remove chicken with slotted spoon. Stir sour cream and cheese into the sauce. You can then either put the chicken back in or pour the sauce over the chicken on a platter.
Our chicken was so soft from having cooked so long that it just fell apart and so it was more like a soup. So yummy!
I want you to come and teach me how to make them!!! Or maybe you have a link. That might be easier.
ReplyDelete:)
You guys really did make the best snowman ever. How is someone from Phoenix ever gonna win a contest like that??? :-)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try the recipe it sounds so good!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. do you want to have a sleepover?
Dearest Cortney! Thank you so much for contacting me. It has been WAY too long. Every time we come into Denver to visit Tyler's family I wonder where you are and how I can possibly get away to see you. As you can tell, I haven't managed it yet. Courage! Don't give up hope. It will happen someday. Until then I'll enjoy reading about your exploits. That recipe sounds good, I'll have to try it.
ReplyDelete