Why does the Holiday Break have to end?

Boy I was not ready for school to start this week.  It's amazing how quickly you can get used to sleeping in...I'm already counting down days till spring break!

It was a good holiday break though.  I definitely needed the time to just relax and rest.  I'm feeling pretty good, although still bleeding, but unfortunately that's just gonna be how it is from now on I think.  I'm trying to be super good and stay down and not be up and about as much as usual.  It's hard though.  We went grocery shopping on Monday and I rode in the stupid electric wheelchairs.  I hate those things!  But after we went grocery shopping the last time and it made my bleeding a little worse, I decided to be good and use them from now on.  People give you the weirdest looks.  Believe me, if you see some healthy looking person riding around on them, it is not because they think it's fun or because they are lazy.  It is one of the most embarrassing things (to me anyway) because EVERYONE looks at you and trys to figure out whats wrong with you.  My doctor even said we'd look into getting me some temporary handicap tags that way I don't have to walk across huge parking lots whenever I go somewhere.  I can't wait until I really start showing that way people won't look at me weird....although they'll probably just think I'm a lazy fat person then.....

The girls had a great break though.  They got to have 3 overnights at Grammy's house.  2 of them were so that they could make cookies with Aric, and then the 3rd was so that I could go to the temple the next morning and not have to worry about getting the girls ready and over to Mom's before I went.  Riley's already trying to figure out when her next days off are so she can go back!

On New Years Day we went over to my friend Mandie's house and had a party/get together to celebrate the new year.  We just ate snacky foods for dinner and sat around and talked.  We were going to play a game, but it just never seems to happen...too much to talk about.  They have a pet snake and a pet bird and the girls each got to hold the bird for a bit, and then Riley held the snake!  I was shocked!  My little scaredy cat.  Not only did she hold it, but then later she had Heath get the snake out again for her.  It was her favorite part of the evening.  Luckily Heath took pictures, so I have proof!







On Saturday I got to go to the temple to be there when Elias went through for the first time.  It was a great experience.  My friend Mandie came with me since we were supposed to go on Friday and it didn't happen then.  After our session we went over to distribution and Mandie tried on new temple dresses and found a beautiful one that was on sale for 50% off.  It was so gorgeous!!  Then we went out to eat at Olive Garden.  It was SOOOO yummy!  I was starving since I'd had trouble with keeping food down before going to the temple.  We started out with breadsticks with Alfredo dipping sauce and Mandie told me I looked so content and happy.  What can I say good food agrees with the pregnant lady!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears