Happy 1 Week Birthday

On Monday the girls came out to see Scarlett and wish her a happy one week birthday. They have both been getting over colds (Dean too) so they haven't gotten to see her very much. This was the first time that they got to hold her. Riley was still coughing every once in a while so we had her wear a mask just in case, plus Dean wasn't feeling 100% either, so hence his mask too.















Scarlett is doing really good. She continues to progress, but every once in a while she regresses (which is supposedly normal for a 34 weeker). She's almost back to birth weight, but last night she lost 10 grams (not a lot, but enough of a regression that they are upping her to 24 calorie formula to add to the milk I'm pumping). Every one keeps telling me that she will all of the sudden be better and then 24 hours later she'll get to go home, and I keep getting my hopes up on the days that she is doing great only to have them get knocked down on the days she doesn't do as well. I've been going out for 4 of her 8 feedings a day, but I'm starting to feel really worn down, so I might drop that to 3. But I hate to do that too, because I don't want to leave her out there by herself......and now I'm crying (again) so I'm just going to end this post.

Comments

  1. I love these pics! Riley is so serious about being the big sister, and Alexandra is just cute. I'm sure that you all cannot wait to have Scarlett home, she's so adorable! All in good time, keep your chin up, we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cortney, I just want to hug you. *sniff* You'll make it through this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE IS GORGEOUS!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears