I lost 30 lbs in 10 days and you can too!!!!
Apparently you only have to be pregnant, be preeclampsic, gain a lot of weight, have the baby and wait 10 days! I had to go to the doctors office yesterday to have my blood pressure checked yet again (which is how I know what my weight is, there is no way I'd have stepped on a scale of my own free will at this point in time). I'm down to only needing to lose 10 lbs to be back to prepregnancy weight, so that was a nice surprise! My blood pressure is still high, but starting to finally go down a little bit. I told the nurse that it will probably drop dramatically once Scarlett is home from the NICU and I'm able to really rest.

So after my depressing end to my last post, I thought I'd make a list of "Blessings that I've gotten from having Scarlett early". I've been trying to think of them while I'm sitting in the NICU, and yes some of them will be sarcastic.
1. Even if she has to stay there until her due date (7-13), it will have given me the time to recover so that I can play with the girls for the rest of the summer, versus if she had been born on the 13th, then I'd still need time to recover and not get as much playing.
2. I get to sleep for a little bit longer during the night. The alarm clock has a snooze button, babies do not. (I have to get up twice to pump during the night, although on the same note you can't fall asleep while pumping, and you can while feeding a baby...)
3. Because I'm having to venture out to the hospital multiple times a day I'm getting my strength back sooner then if I was able to just be lazy around the house.
4. Because of #3 I'm probably losing weight quicker then I would have.
5. Because I'm not able to be home all the time, I get to see how much I really am needed at home.
6. I'm making lots of new friends with people from the hospital. Mostly the janitorial staff since they are always around cleaning when I come in. They are always asking me how I'm doing and how Scarlett is doing.
That's all I can think of/remember right now. But to end this post a lot better then the last I thought I'd add the best picture of the day!!!
Yes, she's a goober and her shoes are of course on the wrong feet (they usually are, she refuses to fix them), but she's very cute to look at! And she's always good for cheezy, funny pictures!
Comments
Post a Comment