Christmas 2009

Ah, so finally they are back in school and I have some time to blog...ok really I've just been too lazy to do it, but now I have no excuses. Christmas was great! Even if I was dealing with a sick child (more on that later).
Christmas Eve we went over to Annie and Elias' for the family get together. Dean's parents came and gave the girls their presents first because there was no way we could get both bikes into the back of the Tahoe to bring home. They were very excited and I keep being asked when they can ride them. Alexandra was very happy the last time it snowed that her bike was still "safe in the house". We also got a new toaster oven, which we needed desperately - the old one smoked when you used it.... It was a great time being with all the kids and seeing them have fun playing together.
When we got home the girls got to open their Christmas Eve presents - pajamas and this year they got Zums too (Webkinz). And yes Alexandra's pj's are Pokemon. Riley just requested some feety jammies this year.
Scarlett didn't get to open hers though since she fell asleep on the way home. But she did wake up at 4 in the morning, so after she had her bottle I helped her to open hers. She loved ripping the paper and trying to stuff it in her mouth. She didn't go back to sleep until 5:30 - so knowing that my parents were coming over at 7, I decided to just stay up and get everything ready. (Also I hadn't gone to bed until midnight because I was so excited, so I was going on less then 4 hours of sleep.)
My parents and brother came over at 7 and Aric got to go upstairs to wake the girls up. Which surprised me, I had been expecting Alexandra at about 5 in the morning she was so excited. She kept telling me that she was going to jump on my bed and wake me up. So when Aric woke her up she ran into my room and was very disappointed that we were already awake.
Our tradition is to take turns while we open presents. It was awesome. This video is of Alexandra opening her Webkinz that she wanted the most. It was all she really asked for.

You know it's good, when they are so happy they cry.

I have been teasing Dean about getting him a Snuggie for a long time, so what was the best and most hilarious present......

a Snuggie!! I laughed so hard watching him try to get it undone to put on.

We took a break about half-way through presents to have breakfast. I'd made some Butter Braids I'd ordered earlier in the year and breakfast pizza. So yummy!!

Then we went back and the girls got to open their main present.

My parents got us a Wii as a family gift and then the rest of the girls presents were Wii related gifts, Fit Plus, controllers, and a couple other games. We then spent the rest of the day playing Wii. Even Grandpa played. (He NEVER played video games with us when we were kids.) In fact my parents and Aric had so much fun, they went out on Saturday and bought a Wii for their house.

We had the sister missionaries over for dinner too. It was awesome, even though by this point in time I was dying from the very little sleep I had gotten.

It has been a good Christmas break, even if Scarlett has been sick most of the time. It started the first week of break. She got the stomach flu which turned my little vominator into a massive vominator. And then the aggravation from that ended up making her reflux tons worse. She couldn't keep formula down at all and had lost over one pound. But after multiple doctor appointments and adding rice cereal to her bottles, she is finally better. And she's actually much better reflux-wise then she was to begin with. I used to have to almost count on having to change at least some part of my clothes (if not the whole outfit) every day from being spit up on, and this last week I've only had to change my clothes once! She's getting pretty good at sitting up, she only falls over every once in a while (thank goodness for her boppy!) In fact today she found if she throws or pushes her toys out of her range, her poor Mommy has to stop what she's doing and get them for her. It was when she laughed at me the 2nd time that I realized she was doing it on purpose.

New Years Eve was fun. We had some friends over and ate snacks and played Wii and had dinner together. They left when their two little ones got super tired, it was sometime after 10 I think. The girls tried to stay up till midnight, but about 11:10 Alexandra was beyond needing to go to bed. So I was a mean mommy and we had a pretend count down and made them go to bed.

Monday we had the sister missionaries over for dinner (have I mentioned that I LOVE these two!! They are my favorite missionaries ever!) And then we had Family Home Evening and the sisters helped us put away all the Christmas decorations and then we played Scattergories.

I will miss them when they have to leave....and although I know they won't see this till they go home I just have to say - Sister Long and Sister Spence you have truly blessed our lives by being a part of it!!! You are amazing missionaries and always bring the spirit into our home.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas. The video of Alexandra with the Webkinz is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears