Has It Really Been 4 Months?
Well....apparently I fell off the face of the earth....because I don't really have any better excuse than that.....okay I do have better excuses.
1. We were sick for a long time (it seemed like).
2. Because we were sick, I was horrible about taking my Prozac, so my Post-Partum (heck I could be back to just my regular old depression) has been acting up - just in the "didn't want to do anything" symptoms.
3. We got a new computer and I didn't feel like loading all the programs on it so I could download the pictures off of my camera (let alone any other programs, my poor finances....ahh, but I will catch up with that another day). see #2
4. I kept getting further and further behind in needing to blog so I just kept putting it off. see #2 yet again
And then I posted on Facebook and my aunt asked me for pics/videos and I thought. I have some of those...I guess I should get my butt in gear and update my blog. So here I am! (And I have to say I've been trying to do this since Saturday)
So since I haven't blogged in FOREVER I thought I'd just do a quick recap on how everyone is doing. And then since I'll be all caught up I should be able to keep up with my blogging!
We had to buy a new car seat for her since she outgrew the infant one. We are having to start getting 18 month clothes for her as well.
She loves her sisters and loves to play with them!! And thankfully they love to play with her too!
1. We were sick for a long time (it seemed like).
2. Because we were sick, I was horrible about taking my Prozac, so my Post-Partum (heck I could be back to just my regular old depression) has been acting up - just in the "didn't want to do anything" symptoms.
3. We got a new computer and I didn't feel like loading all the programs on it so I could download the pictures off of my camera (let alone any other programs, my poor finances....ahh, but I will catch up with that another day). see #2
4. I kept getting further and further behind in needing to blog so I just kept putting it off. see #2 yet again
And then I posted on Facebook and my aunt asked me for pics/videos and I thought. I have some of those...I guess I should get my butt in gear and update my blog. So here I am! (And I have to say I've been trying to do this since Saturday)
So since I haven't blogged in FOREVER I thought I'd just do a quick recap on how everyone is doing. And then since I'll be all caught up I should be able to keep up with my blogging!
ME
Well, mostly my excuses say what I've been up to - pretty much nothing! Not really, I feel like I've been so busy, yet I really can't say with what....
A few weeks ago I took the girls roller skating and managed to fall horribly while trying to miss a little kid. I broke my tailbone and sprained my wrist. My bum is starting to feel better little bit by little bit (until I do anything - which reminds me I should probably be doing laundry right now), but my wrist is still killing me. If I take off my splint, I find myself putting it right back on within 15 minutes because of the pain.
I've been struggling to accomplish all I feel I need to be doing - at first it was just because I'd gotten off my meds (not completely but enough that it wasn't at full strength) but now it's because it physically hurts to do a lot of stuff. Stupid roller skating...
And even though I feel like doing nothing, I find myself enjoying time with the girls. They can usually make my day better. And I find myself laughing more and more at the things they do. I feel like I'm getting better - I just need to remember to take my meds EVERYDAY!!!
DEAN
Work, Work, and more Work (at least that's probably what he'd say he's been up to).
Although he did take 2 weeks off during March and the beginning of April. We didn't really do anything major. Just played with the girls, went swimming, went roller skating.....yeah went downhill from there....
We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on the 25th. He turned 33 on the 29th. (Hence the vacation)
RILEY
She turned 9 in February!! Although with this birthday she seems to have hit that pre-teen phase. She has an attitude that I've never seen before....which is making me wonder where my sweet Riley has gone - although sometimes it makes me laugh!
She is doing great at school and is in Art Club which she loves. She has participated in the school's Oral Interpretation Festival (they read poems they have memorized - it's on the video page) and also the Young Writers Conference (which the elementary schools in this area do at the high school). She is currently planning on doing the Science Fair. Yep she keeps me busy!
ALEXANDRA
She turned 6 in April!! And thank goodness no pre-teen phase for her! (I don't think I could handle two of them at once.) She really is growing up so fast. Although lately my brave little girl has seemed to developed many new fears. She is terrified to go outside because there might be bees out there. Her compromise is to wear her winter coat - somehow this will protect her from the bees. She also is scared to go to sleep without me. Which I'm hoping is a phase!! We bought an air mattress for her to sleep on in our room, because there is not room in my bed, plus I can't sleep if she's right next to me. It feels almost like she's having some sort of separation anxiety.She's doing great in school as well and has enjoyed participating in all the activities with Riley. This is the first year she's been able to do any of them. All of the previous years she's been a spectator with the rest of us!
SCARLETT
Wow! 4 months for her is like huge!!! She is finally eating baby food. She still can't eat any normal food. No matter how small I cut it she seems to gag on it, which leads to her throwing up. She is getting so close to crawling. Any day now I think she'll finally figure it out. She has figured out how to move around though without it. She has figured out how to push herself up into a sitting position when she is sprawled out on the floor. Which is fun to watch when her pants are slippery against the carpet, because she just ends up scooting backwards across the floor.
We had to buy a new car seat for her since she outgrew the infant one. We are having to start getting 18 month clothes for her as well.
She loves her sisters and loves to play with them!! And thankfully they love to play with her too!
Well hopefully that helps get everyone caught up and I hope everyone enjoys the pictures and videos in the next posts. I promise to try to be better about blogging!
Yes! It really has been 4 months! Glad you're back! :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, was the Alvin and the Chipmunks thing at the Ronald McDonald House?
missed you--glad you're back!!
ReplyDeleteis dean--are WE--really that old?????
Great post!! See I knew there would be some of Alexandra in the front/side/rear mugging for the camera. Your girls are all adorable, they grow up too fast!
ReplyDelete