Attitude
So a few weeks ago when I posted that Alexandra was not going through a preteen phase, I must have jinxed myself. If the last few weeks are any prediction of what she's gonna be like as a teenager, I'm not sure she's gonna survive...or that I will....
She has just had this horrible attitude lately. She doesn't want to listen to me and she questions everything I say.

The worst that has happened was when we were at school one day setting up the lunch for teacher appreciation week. Scarlett was in her stroller and I was watching a baby for a friend and she was in her carrier. Alexandra kept pushing the stroller and moving it all over the place. So I'd spent 20 minutes telling her to leave the stroller alone. When we left, I parked the stroller on the sidewalk in front of the van and went to put the carrier in the van. Alexandra was again screwing around with the stroller and I told her to stop it. She gave me this look and then gave the stroller a push. Then as if in slow motion I watched the stroller roll forward down the sidewalk and then fall off the curb and tip over. Luckily Scarlett has only a few scrapes and a bruise, but oh I could've beat Alexandra. (I'm not a spanking person either, but that was the closest I've ever been to doing it). So Scarlett is screaming and Alexandra is hysterical screaming "I'm so sorry!". I know she didn't mean for Scarlett to get hurt, but I'm so tired of her not listening to me or asking me "Why?" I now know why parents say "Because I said so!". I'm so tired of having to explain to her why I tell her things. ARGH!!!!
And since that day, she has just gotten worse about not listening or questioning what I ask her to do. (Okay maybe not worse, I think I'm just noticing it more.) It's just been very frustrating.
On a happier note, Alexandra lost her very first tooth. She was very proud that she was able to pull it out all by herself.
She has just had this horrible attitude lately. She doesn't want to listen to me and she questions everything I say.
The worst that has happened was when we were at school one day setting up the lunch for teacher appreciation week. Scarlett was in her stroller and I was watching a baby for a friend and she was in her carrier. Alexandra kept pushing the stroller and moving it all over the place. So I'd spent 20 minutes telling her to leave the stroller alone. When we left, I parked the stroller on the sidewalk in front of the van and went to put the carrier in the van. Alexandra was again screwing around with the stroller and I told her to stop it. She gave me this look and then gave the stroller a push. Then as if in slow motion I watched the stroller roll forward down the sidewalk and then fall off the curb and tip over. Luckily Scarlett has only a few scrapes and a bruise, but oh I could've beat Alexandra. (I'm not a spanking person either, but that was the closest I've ever been to doing it). So Scarlett is screaming and Alexandra is hysterical screaming "I'm so sorry!". I know she didn't mean for Scarlett to get hurt, but I'm so tired of her not listening to me or asking me "Why?" I now know why parents say "Because I said so!". I'm so tired of having to explain to her why I tell her things. ARGH!!!!
And since that day, she has just gotten worse about not listening or questioning what I ask her to do. (Okay maybe not worse, I think I'm just noticing it more.) It's just been very frustrating.
On a happier note, Alexandra lost her very first tooth. She was very proud that she was able to pull it out all by herself.
Scarlett has just been growing and growing. I can't believe how big she acts now. Since she started crawling she is into everything! And she's started doing more new things.
She plays peek-a-boo!
She has learned to turn the TV off (and sometimes back on).
It was funny this morning. She'd turn off the TV and then look at me and make complaining noises that it was off.
Riley has been a huge help now that Scarlett is everywhere. She is the one who will chase her down for me and rip whatever she has that she shouldn't from her little hands. It has truly been a blessing in disguise to have Riley be so much older then Scarlett.
Ah, the trying little girl. When Kiira turned 20 I had an epiphany: we had both made it through the teen years and we were both still alive, hurray!! The only advice I have for you is hang in there. There will be moments that you will treasure. She is awfully cute though =]. And the video of Scarlett is TOO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteI wish now that I could take back the curse of you getting a child just like you - actually it was for twins like you. The road ahead is going to be so rough.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid it's not just a girl thing (although, I'm sure girls are a tad worse - or shall I say, better at it - than boys). Andur's been Mr. Bad Attitude since he turned 8. I feel your pain and am SO not looking forward to the year Natalie hits that stage.
ReplyDelete