Getting So Big!
Sometimes it amazes me how quickly Scarlett is growing up. I know it shouldn't shock me since I have 2 other kids, but it does.
This week her vocabulary has grown tons. She says thank you (tank oo), bink (bee), up (a very breathy UUUHHHH), kitty (keykey), dancing (danin), ball and cookie (which both sound exactly like they should). No still mostly means yes, although Alexandra was being a little rough the other day and Scarlett gave her this mean look and said NO! So she's sort of starting to use it correctly. Grammy was over for dinner on Wednesday and I was feeding Scarlett and she said "no tank oo" which really meant give me more faster!! It had us all laughing.
Scarlett has also decided that she is too big for baby food. I knew she was starting to hate cereal, but this week I had several jars that she would take one bite and then tell me she was all done ("no" with big wavy hands). Really it's a good thing I understand her language! So now I have to plan meals that have stuff she can eat as well. Which is actually helping me be good and cook instead of wanting to eat out. She was eating a banana yesterday and when it was gone I told her it was all done and she looked at me and said "Cookie?" What can I say she knows what she likes!
She is trying to walk everywhere now. She really makes a conscious effort to walk instead of crawl. But you can tell she gets frustrated by not going fast enough. She has also discovered all her toys that she can push while walking and LOVES it!
Here is a picture of her playing PS with Riley. It was so cute! She would wave the controller all around.
School has been great so far for Riley and Alexandra. Alexandra absolutely loves being at school all day. When she gets home she just sits and chatters on and on about what they did during the day. I'm so glad that she is liking school so much! Riley is enjoying her class (thank goodness!) much more then I thought she was going too. She started to panic when she found out 2 girls that she doesn't like were in her class. But it hasn't been as bad as she thought it would be. Plus her teacher is keeping an eye out for her! (I love that both girls have teachers I know and trust!) Riley is also very proud of her planner that they have this year. They write down goals for the day and what they did and then bring it home to show us. You can tell she feels so grown-up. She almost went out for student council (4th graders can be class representatives) but she decided not too since they meet on Mondays and that's one of the few days she gets to spend time with Dean. I almost cried when she told me - it was such a big decision and she really thought about it. It just amazes me how much she has grown up this year.
This week her vocabulary has grown tons. She says thank you (tank oo), bink (bee), up (a very breathy UUUHHHH), kitty (keykey), dancing (danin), ball and cookie (which both sound exactly like they should). No still mostly means yes, although Alexandra was being a little rough the other day and Scarlett gave her this mean look and said NO! So she's sort of starting to use it correctly. Grammy was over for dinner on Wednesday and I was feeding Scarlett and she said "no tank oo" which really meant give me more faster!! It had us all laughing.
Scarlett has also decided that she is too big for baby food. I knew she was starting to hate cereal, but this week I had several jars that she would take one bite and then tell me she was all done ("no" with big wavy hands). Really it's a good thing I understand her language! So now I have to plan meals that have stuff she can eat as well. Which is actually helping me be good and cook instead of wanting to eat out. She was eating a banana yesterday and when it was gone I told her it was all done and she looked at me and said "Cookie?" What can I say she knows what she likes!
She is trying to walk everywhere now. She really makes a conscious effort to walk instead of crawl. But you can tell she gets frustrated by not going fast enough. She has also discovered all her toys that she can push while walking and LOVES it!
Here is a picture of her playing PS with Riley. It was so cute! She would wave the controller all around.
I really think this is going to be a great year for us!
Comments
Post a Comment