Picture Post and the Reason I Have Sucked at Blogging Lately
For those that don't know, I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager. I finally got put on medication after Alexandra was born (thank goodness since people were seriously about to die). I am horrible at remembering to take my meds and then when I get in that depression fog I have no desire at all to take my meds. It's a horrible vicious cycle. Plus then you add post-partum depression on top of it and yeah I'm a mess. I have figured out it takes me about 3 years after each baby to return to my normal depression versus the whole post-partum thing. Well it takes about 3 years before I feel semi-normal anyway. And I've finally hit that 3 year mark - well 3 1/2 this time, but close enough. I think it has to do with the sleep deprivation too. It's part of why we had thought we were done with having kids after Alexandra, that and the whole "horrible-I-could-die" pregnancies. (Here is the story for deciding for one more kiddo for anyone who's interested or doesn't know the story already.) Anyways, that whole paragraph was really to explain that I think that my suckiness at blogging has come from my lack of taking my medicine and the way depression just makes me not want to do anything at all.
So I'm remembering to take my meds (most days - if my morning routine is disturbed at all I forget) and I'm finally feeling semi-decent most days. So I felt a little like blogging! And then I looked at the blog and realized how much time has past since my last post. So this will be a picture catch up post of the last few months!
Here is the sweet girl that joined our life 3 years ago!! I wouldn't trade her for anything!!
The girls first day of school (at different schools this year).
I took Alexandra to her new school and Dean took Riley to hers, but I was the only one with a camera.Field day for Riley (they do it in the Fall on the official count day for school funding to get the highest numbers possible).
Scarlett joining in for "Everybody's It" (like tag/flag football combined).
Riley and Scarlett racing!
Minute to win it!
Long jump.
Our annual "we have way too many leaves" party!
The people I love!
Halloween costumes
Alexandra was Katara from The Last Airbender.
Riley was a "Tribal Spirit". Really she just liked the wolf on the costume!
Halloween parade at Riley's school. Alexandra's school does not celebrate Halloween. They just had a Fall Festival.
Riley's pumpkin (chinese dragon face)
Scarlett's pumpkin (moon) and Alexandra's pumpkin (fish)
And those are the picture I have. I have tons more from in between my last post and this, but I'm not sure I feel like spending all day playing catch-up.

I suck worse! I think I have Christmas pics from 2 years ago to still post.
ReplyDelete