My Girls and their awesome new Talents

Last night before bed Riley comes over to me on the couch and tells me that she can do something new. She then proceeds to hold her nose....after a minute or so she tells me she is blowing air through her eyes (she's rubbing them as if they are in pain while telling me this). Now I have seen videos of people underwater blowing bubbles through their eyes, but never did I imagine that one of my own daughters would have a weird talent like that. Okay...maybe I did....

Today was a good day at church. Although I was so tired when the alarm went off this morning. I pushed the snooze button 3 times before I managed to drag myself out of bed. I hate getting up early for the 9 o'clock session, but I love having the whole rest of the day to relax and get whatever I want done. I really like the lesson we had in Relief Society today. It was from the talk "A Matter of a Few Degrees" by President Uchtdorf. One of the quotes I really liked was "The difference between happiness and misery in individuals, in marriages, and families often comes down to an error of only a few degrees." I know from personal experience that attitude plays a big part in that too. If you are determined to find fault with someone else, you most likely will. If you are determined to hate something, you most likely will. And the opposite if you are determined to like/love someone or something then you will. When we first started coming back to church I told everyone that I would not ever accept the calling of Relief Society pianist. I had had the calling before and hated it. But when I found out (from someone asking if I had been called - not by actually getting the call) that it was coming I had a while to think about it. I decided that it was best for me to accept this call so that I could remain in Relief Society and get to know sisters in my ward and make friends, rather than getting a primary (not that I don't love primary.....come on Primary Chorister calling!!!) or YW calling and not getting to know as many people. And this time I don't hate the calling at all...I still play horribly some Sundays, but because my attitude shifted, the way I felt toward the calling has changed.

When I asked the girls what they learned about today, Alexandra's reply was "Temples and pupcakes". They had cupcakes for singing really good.

Alexandra has decided that she is a gymnast. She hopped on my bed today and put her hands above her head and then fell down on her side (she has no fear, she'll fall straight onto her face or back without catching herself). When I asked her what she was doing she told me she was practicing cartwheels. And speaking of gymnastics, I am excited for the olympics to begin. It's one of the few sporting events I truely enjoy watching. I love the summer more than the winter.

At this point in time I would just like to add a disclaimer for all my posts. I'm sorry for those of you educated in the English language....for I know that my punctuation and grammer suck! But since I know you all love me, you'll forgive me and overlook that minor flaw that I have.

Comments

  1. Hooray! I am so glad that Alexandra remembered that we learned about temples in Sunbeams. That makes my whole day! As for your daughter's special talent I must say that I am impressed. I think that I must have taught her this... hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears