Family Pictures
This week has been a busy yet super fun week! We had the whole week off of school! YAY!
On Monday we had a planned play date for the mall. We were there when it opened and they have story time with Santa right when it opens. It was cool. He read them 2 stories and sat and talked to them. Then they all got back in line (in the order they'd been in, so we were #1!!) and they got to go sit on Santa's lap. It's so funny with the girls, because we've never played Santa, so I don't really know what they think about him. But he was a GREAT Santa. When they would say what they wanted he would repeat it loudly so the parents could hear. Alexandra wants a Webkinz (check) and Riley said a German Shepherd Puppy. She told Santa that it would be able to help out her Daddy at work. When he asked what her Daddy did and she told him he was a Deputy, he told her to make sure she told him that Santa says thanks for all that he does. I thought that was cool. They wouldn't let us take pictures - you had to buy them, but they would let me take pictures during story time. Also I told Riley she should have asked Santa for a fixed fence, because we can't have a puppy till we get the fence fixed.

Then we went and the girls and their friends played on the indoor play area. And then we went window shopping at Justice, Build-a-Bear, Disney, and the Pet Store.

Tuesday we had family pictures done. The photographer did a GREAT job. She had her work cut out for her. Trying to get Scarlett to smile and still have Alexandra looking at the camera....it was quite the performance on her part. We got a CD with all the pics on it, so here is a sample of what we bought.

I love this one of the two of them!





Scarlett actually managed to make it the whole way through pictures without spitting up. Although the second we were done she was like a fountain. We've been calling her "the yak monster". She's getting better about it, but I swear she spits up all day long.
On Monday we had a planned play date for the mall. We were there when it opened and they have story time with Santa right when it opens. It was cool. He read them 2 stories and sat and talked to them. Then they all got back in line (in the order they'd been in, so we were #1!!) and they got to go sit on Santa's lap. It's so funny with the girls, because we've never played Santa, so I don't really know what they think about him. But he was a GREAT Santa. When they would say what they wanted he would repeat it loudly so the parents could hear. Alexandra wants a Webkinz (check) and Riley said a German Shepherd Puppy. She told Santa that it would be able to help out her Daddy at work. When he asked what her Daddy did and she told him he was a Deputy, he told her to make sure she told him that Santa says thanks for all that he does. I thought that was cool. They wouldn't let us take pictures - you had to buy them, but they would let me take pictures during story time. Also I told Riley she should have asked Santa for a fixed fence, because we can't have a puppy till we get the fence fixed.
Then we went and the girls and their friends played on the indoor play area. And then we went window shopping at Justice, Build-a-Bear, Disney, and the Pet Store.
Tuesday we had family pictures done. The photographer did a GREAT job. She had her work cut out for her. Trying to get Scarlett to smile and still have Alexandra looking at the camera....it was quite the performance on her part. We got a CD with all the pics on it, so here is a sample of what we bought.

I love this one of the two of them!

This one is Dean's favorite! I can't believe she smiled while on her belly...she hates tummy time!



Scarlett actually managed to make it the whole way through pictures without spitting up. Although the second we were done she was like a fountain. We've been calling her "the yak monster". She's getting better about it, but I swear she spits up all day long.Then on Wednesday I spent the day putting our pictures up!! And cleaning and making rolls for Thanksgiving. I have to say I am feeling so much better. I wake up and just want to get things done around the house. For example the pictures - I haven't put up pictures since we bought the house, and Wednesday the house got decorated! When my mom and brother came over on Thursday, my mom asked me how much they had upped my medicine by and Aric kept commenting on how they must be in the wrong house. (I haven't been the best housekeeper for a while - little did I know that I really like to clean. I just need to be medicated for it to surface!)

Then that afternoon the girls made place mats for everyone for Thanksgiving. They had a great time and decorated each of them with little pictures.
"Somehow" Scarlett "accidentally" got purple marker all over her head.
Thursday we had Mom and Aric over for dinner. I got up to put the turkey in at 5:30, so we could have it for lunch before Dean had to leave for work. It was super yummy! I love Thanksgiving. Then when Dean went to work, I watched Angels & Demons with Mom and Aric while the girls played with stuff that Radhika sent to them during Mom's visit (She spent last week in Seattle for Kulwant's birthday and Radhika's graduation). Then we all played Monopoly Deal. And Mom who HATES Monopoly with a passion, said "It's tolerable" and when Aric won I told him "This is probably the first time you've ever won anything called Monopoly with me". Riley still hasn't won yet, but she still loves this game. Everyday she wants to play (me too!)

Radhika sent Scarlett this rattle - only it's not really a rattle, it's supposed to be a game where you try to get all the orange balls on one side and the blue on the other. Looks like a rattle to me! And Scarlett loved it!! She played with for quite a while.
Then that afternoon the girls made place mats for everyone for Thanksgiving. They had a great time and decorated each of them with little pictures.
I have to say my favorite is the one Alexandra made for Aric with Pokeballs on it. She loves Pokemon and loves that Aric loves them too. (Click on the picture to make it larger)
"Somehow" Scarlett "accidentally" got purple marker all over her head.Radhika sent Scarlett this rattle - only it's not really a rattle, it's supposed to be a game where you try to get all the orange balls on one side and the blue on the other. Looks like a rattle to me! And Scarlett loved it!! She played with for quite a while.
Today I'm gonna work on getting the Christmas decorations up. So hopefully I get pictures taken and I'll post them soon!

I know another little sister who "accidentally" got markered. Only it was a black, permanent one. When Cortney was little, she always wanted dolls with dark skin, which were almost impossible to find back then. She was disappointed that Radhika was a white baby - so Cortney "fixed" her.
ReplyDelete