My Little Injun

This week was incredibly busy. I have still been on my clean/organize kick! I'm definitely starting to feel more like myself. In fact on Saturday I woke up thinking of all the things I wanted to get done....not that most of them happened, but I woke up planning!

Tuesday Dean went in for the big "snip-snip". It was actually a really short appointment, and he has healed super fast. Dean decided that he was going to be the one to be "fixed" instead of me. I just seem to have so many complications with anything, that we decided not to risk it. We are definitely done, per my doctor. And we feel extremely lucky to have the 3 healthy girls that we have. I just have WAY TOO MANY complications, and really should have been done after Alexandra, but now it's official!

Thursday was the last day of Junior Achievement. I've been helping one of the other mom's in Riley's class teach it. It is 5 interactive lessons that volunteers teach in classrooms (if the teacher signs up for it). This year it was about "Our City". The kids got to learn about city planning, and zones. They got to build buildings for their city, run businesses, run a newspaper, get a paycheck and "deposit it" into a bank and learn how to write checks. It actually was a lot of fun, although I've decided that I would be the "mean teacher". I can't stand chaos, and so I was the one that tried to keep them calm and quiet...in fact Kristen once whispered to me to clap so they would be quiet. (I even sent kids out in the hallway for a time out!) And even though I was the "mean" one, they were still super excited to see us come for our 5 visits and they were super sad when we told them it was the last Junior Achievement day.

Friday was the Thanksgiving feast in Kindergarten. The kids have been working all week learning about thanksgiving and making their Indian costumes. Then Friday they made cornbread, butter, fruit salad, popcorn and made "turkeys" (turkey with an olive for the head and carrots and celery for the feathers). Then they got to put their costumes on and have a feast! I was in charge of helping make the cornbread. The kids were great. Although I did have a hard time letting them crack the eggs all by themselves, but they did a great job! When Riley was in Kindergarten I helped with the butter - and I'm so glad I didn't have that job again this year. They just shake whipping cream in little jars till it turns to butter, but Kindergartners get tired and so I was the one that ended up with most of the shaking.


Then they went around and said what they were thankful for.





Saturday I got to go and see my friend Denisha's baby. She is a doll!!!! Plus being in the same hospital where Scarlett was born, brought back some good memories. I was glad I was there, I was able to help them take family pictures with the new baby. It was awesome.
And this last picture was while I was changing Scarlett's clothes. It just looked really cute so I had to take a picture. While I was posting this morning, Riley walked by and said "she looks like Eeyore" and I have to say that she does!



Also a while back I had bought the Monopoly game Deal.

It's a Monopoly card game. Now I love Monopoly the game, absolutely love it! I haven't felt up to playing any games in a while, but yesterday Riley wanted to try it. So for the first round Dean played with the girls while I was on the computer. Then after listening to them, I decided that I wanted to play. It was a blast. It is probably my new favorite game for the next little while. Dean really dislikes Monopoly, and he really liked this game. So I would recommend it for Monopoly lovers and haters!!! It's kind of a mix between Rummy and Monopoly. Dean likes the fact that you're never out of the game, no matter what anyone does to you. And it's really not about the money. You can have all the money in the game and still lose. To win you need 3 complete sets of property. It's a great family game, and I'm actually thinking of getting another deck so you can play with more then 5 players, because it would be even funner to have more people!!!! If you are looking for a great stocking stuffer for Christmas, I would pick this!! It was like $5 at Wal-Mart. I also bought Scrabble Slam, but we haven't played that one yet. And Slamwich - which the girls love!

Comments

  1. I think we are going to get this game for Christmas! (You know Randy and card games...well...I'm guilty too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have played it every day since the first day we did. It is awesome!! I really REALLY like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears