Grateful but scary

Most days I am extremely grateful for Dean's job. But this week has been the first time in almost 5 years that I've been kinda scared for him on his job. He had signed up to work the DNC, which thankfully he didn't get! But when he comes home from work with all the stories of what's going on it has made me realize how dangerous his job can be at times. Now I know his job is one that's dangerous, but he's been doing it for so long without any problems, that I find myself in a comfort zone that doesn't recognize the danger. Which is in a way good for my sanity, because if I was worried everytime he went to work, I'd drive myself insane.

This week I really feel for all the cops who are working the DNC. They are putting up with so much from the protesters and all the people around who are just waiting to videotape one of them stepping so much as an inch out of line. So far it hasn't been too bad, and I'm praying that things stay calm. But when you hear stories of the things that people have been "storing" to use against the cops, you realize these people are not out there to express their opinions, they are out there to fight with the cops and they are looking for any and every opportunity to make it happen. I am grateful for our freedom of speech. But it is a freedom of speech, not a freedom to harm innocent people, or break laws, or throw things at the cops cuz you don't like them....

I have found that people have such a prejudice for cops, which really is so unreasonable. Yes there are bad apples, but on the whole most cops are out there to protect and help us! Most don't even like giving traffic tickets, they do it because they HAVE to. And I think if most people had to deal all day long with people that treated them like crap, eventually they'd crack and not be the nicest person. So next time you get pulled over, realize you probably were breaking the law (they don't usually pull people over just for the fun of it), and at least be decent to the cop. He's just doing his job!

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to express a little of my frustration this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears