Pulling my hair out!!!

I feel like screaming and crying and then going to sleep for 5 days....if it were possible anyway. Crazy week has just been getting crazier and more hectic.

So over the weekend our stove broke. Not just little broke, but huge broke. I had decided that since it was a cold, rainy day to have the stove do a self-clean (one, it needed it and two, it would warm up the house a little bit). Well it had about 20 mins left of cleaning when I got in the shower and when I got out the digital display was completely blank. And since the display controls turning the oven on....yeah no cooking for me. The part alone to fix it was going to be over $400, not including the labor. Could it have waited one week to do this...no it has to be on carnival week.

Monday I had a horrible headache. Sometimes I wonder if my headaches are like other peoples migraines...The migraines I had that were caused by the toxic mold in the apartment were so horrible that the ones I get now have no comparison. I remember one time telling Dean to just kill me to stop the pain it was that bad. But the one on Monday was just a stay in bed with the lights off and try not to puke up the pain meds so that they might have a chance to work. So all day bed rest, and not the fun "I'm being lazy" kind.

Tuesday we went stove shopping. We just settled on one at Lowes, because when we went refrigerator shopping we started at Lowes and then spent all day looking everywhere else, and ended up back at Lowes because their price was the lowest (even lower then scratch and dent for the exact same model!!) And I got one that is NOT a flat top!!! I hate the flat top ones. I'm sorry but if you really cook all the time, you will burn stuff on them that will NOT come off. And then they look like crap. So I'm excited because I will have a stove that will actually be able to be cleaned with a scrub pad and some elbow grease.

Wednesday Alexandra and I got to meet all the moms and the kids in our Joy School group. I think she is going to have a great time with it! We have 7 kids and it just sounds like it's going to be great. They are going to have a Halloween party for them and they get to go on field trips too. It just sounds like so much fun, and I only have to teach once every 7 weeks. But the bad news of the day...Alexandra loves to pack stuffed animals everywhere. So as we're leaving the playground that the meeting was at she asks me where Natalie is. So we run back to the playground and search where she put her down at...and no Natalie....we search the whole playground....no Natalie....we ask everyone who's there....still no Natalie. Now this really wouldn't have been too big a deal, I would have just chalked it up to Alexandra learning her lesson to not leave her toys around, only this was not Alexandra's toy. It was one of Riley's webkinz (a little gray and white kitten). So as we're doing all the grocery shopping, I'm stopping at several other stores trying to find a new Natalie. Of course, no one has one. So after school I have to break the news to Riley that Alexandra lost it. And you know if it had just been lost in her room somewhere and she never saw it again I probably would never have heard anything about it. But because her sister lost it, total hysteria. So I took her to a store and had her pick out a replacement webkin. She picked a skunk, who's name is now Scarlett.

And today has so far been horrible. And it's only 8:30 in the morning. First I woke up at 2:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep till after 4 (I've been having trouble sleeping this week anyway, I keep waking up thinking of all the stuff I need to do.) I had to be at the school early to put a note in the teachers boxes, so that I could definitely be home by 8:00. The stove is supposed to be delivered today between 8-12. And then when we get to the school, Riley has forgotten her backpack - which has her lunch in it. So I make the girls hurry with me into the school to make the copies and put them in the boxes. Then I make Riley get in line outside her class and I run home to get her backpack. Now it's a 10-15 min trip depending on what lights I hit red and it's 7:30 when we first get to the school. So I think to myself, this is the one time when they will actually be here at 8 to deliver it. (Remember I don't have a cell phone, so it's not like the delivery guys can call me.) When I get back to the school, I run in only to be swamped by like 4 people with questions about the carnival. So I quickly answer those and then run to Riley's class.

And here's where I feel like the bad mom....I was so mad at Riley because of all the extra crap I'm was having to do this morning when I didn't have the time to do it and she's cried the whole time. Now I didn't say anything to her to make her cry, but she knew that I was upset. Plus she would have cried even if I had been completely ok with it. That's just how she is. But I just couldn't be nice to her and comfort her (at least until I came back with the backpack). When I came back it was tears of joy (sorta) and she kept hugging me and telling me thank you and that she was sorry. Which is what made me feel like a bad mom, plus I was still in a hurry. So now that I have traumatized my 2nd grader, maybe she will never forget her backpack again. I doubt it though. So with my super speedy driving, although I did follow the speed limit through the 2 school zones I had to go through, I made it back home by 8:10 and luckily they haven't been here yet!!!! So hopefully the day will get better. I'm having friends over this morning and am looking forward to that. Alexandra is too, she keeps asking me when Ryan will be here. Hopefully it will be a nice break from the craziness.

Yeah so I'm already trying to think of reasons why I can't be PTA events next year. Number one will be because I'm in therapy for pulling all my hair out and if that won't work, maybe I'll come down with the plague (that's believable isn't it). Although I know how I am and will probably still be on events (I just can't say no when people need help) unless I truly do come down with the plague.

For those of you who don't know what webkinz are here's a link http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/
They are little stuffed animals that you buy that you can then play with online. You get to build a house and decorate it and there are all kinds of games to play. My girls love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears