Kite flying and Twilight


On Tuesday the wind was CRAZY!! Which seems to be happening quite a bit lately. I'm starting to wonder if I'm in Wyoming once again. Dean decided that he would take the girls out kite flying. Every time the wind blows the girls ask if they can fly kites, and horrible mom that I am, it always seems that we have other stuff that has to be done those days. (Or I really just don't want to that day.) So of course that made Daddy the best daddy ever! The girls had a blast, although Riley's kite (which was the better made of the two) broke fairly quickly into the adventure.




I love this picture of Dean and Alexandra. Riley took it!!!



And while they were off kite flying, my friend Mandie and I went and saw Twilight. It was playing at the $2.50 theater and since I hadn't gotten to see it when it came out, we went. I must say I laughed so hard. Now all of my friends had gone to see it when it first came out, but I was horribly sick with morning sickness so I didn't go. I had heard from them how much it sucked and wasn't like the book and how horrible it was. So I was prepared!! I had a great time! The best laugh was when Edward takes Bella on a "run" up the mountain. Oh my gosh, it still makes me giggle to think about it. I didn't take it seriously at all, and the other people in the theater probably hated us for all the laughter during the "serious" parts. But you know what they probably came out of the movie disliking it for it not being like the book, while I walked away thinking how much fun I had seeing it. And Mandie who had hated it the first time, had a great time laughing at it with me! I then took her out to dinner for her birthday to Sweet Tomatoes. I love that place! I love the blueberry muffins!!

(Edit: This should have posted above the field trip one, but I started on this post first, and I don't know how to move post around, or if you even can, so it's a little out of chronological order)

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the pictures and post, being a keen 'kite person'. Didn't mind / notice any run-on sentences...

    We have a 3 yr old boy who often takes part in our kite-flying activities. Very cute to watch, at that age or even younger!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears