A Good Doctors Appointment
So I had my appointment today and it went really good. My blood pressure is good and no more protein in my urine!! So who knows what my body is doing, I think it just wants to try out every different complication that it can. Or I'm just getting really good at freaking out at little things. We (well the doctor) decided that since I haven't had any more contractions, that we're good with not doing the preterm labor test today. She feels pretty confident that I know what I'm looking for and will call or go into the hospital if needed. Plus I can see her point of not messing around with the cervix if we don't have too. We don't want to be starting contractions or anything else.
I have been having some braxton hicks lately, but supposedly that is just normal (didn't have them with the others - only real contractions for them!) so I'm just gonna take the word of the doctor and every other person I know who has normal pregnancies! (Although I think I impressed the doctor by telling her about them and why I felt it was only braxton hicks vs. real contractions - yeah I can definitely tell the difference!)
I'm still swelling pretty good, especially during the evening. The other day I had true "cankles". I have never seen my feet and ankles look like that. It seems though as long as I stay down and not active the swellings not as bad.
It still hurts to walk and move (my fake hernia) but that won't go away till the baby is here. So, all in all, as long as I do absolutely nothing, I should be good! Poor Riley had to do the lifting for the laundry yesterday. It was kinda funny to watch her almost have to crawl into the washing machine to get the stuff off of the bottom (top loader - she was standing on a step stool and having to reach in). She'd throw the clothes onto the dryer door and Alexandra would shove them into the dryer. Alexandra had a blast, Riley not so much. But hey the laundry got done and I did no lifting at all!!
I have been having some braxton hicks lately, but supposedly that is just normal (didn't have them with the others - only real contractions for them!) so I'm just gonna take the word of the doctor and every other person I know who has normal pregnancies! (Although I think I impressed the doctor by telling her about them and why I felt it was only braxton hicks vs. real contractions - yeah I can definitely tell the difference!)
I'm still swelling pretty good, especially during the evening. The other day I had true "cankles". I have never seen my feet and ankles look like that. It seems though as long as I stay down and not active the swellings not as bad.
It still hurts to walk and move (my fake hernia) but that won't go away till the baby is here. So, all in all, as long as I do absolutely nothing, I should be good! Poor Riley had to do the lifting for the laundry yesterday. It was kinda funny to watch her almost have to crawl into the washing machine to get the stuff off of the bottom (top loader - she was standing on a step stool and having to reach in). She'd throw the clothes onto the dryer door and Alexandra would shove them into the dryer. Alexandra had a blast, Riley not so much. But hey the laundry got done and I did no lifting at all!!
I love your laundry fairies. Did you take pictures?
ReplyDelete