Tuesday's Appointment
So my appointment went really well yesterday. Everything is still about the same, bleeding wise. My blood pressure is back to normal though!! But I'm definitely doing bed rest, not completely flat down, but everything that I had been doing, grocery shopping in electric wheelchairs, helping with the laundry, making dinner....all gone. Now most people would think "Yay!!! Nothing to do!!" But this has been very hard for me. I was barely doing anything, and now I'm doing nothing. Plus I have to trust Dean to do the laundry correctly and pick up the correct stuff at the store (luckily he's been shopping with me since the beginning of the pregnancy, so he's got a shot at it) It's just been hard for me to give up that last little bit of independence and control. We're just hoping to buy a few more weeks before she decides it's time for her to make her grand appearance.
So we did another ultrasound yesterday and my cervix looks the same, so good news! We did the stress test (monitor baby and me for contractions) - Scarlett is looking great! and no contractions for me (at least during the test). The braxton hicks are still going strong and sometimes I'm even having to try to figure out if it's more than just a fake contraction. We're going to keep doing the stress test every week just to monitor both of us - I sure wish I could take one of those machines home with me, I'd listen to her heart beat all day long! So we can't do the Fetal Fibronectin (not sure on spelling) but that's the preterm test. Any bleeding would make it show as positive. And as my doctor said - even if it comes back positive there's not anything we're not already doing that we would need to add. She did tell me though that since I've already received the lung steroids if I do go into labor they will most likely not stop it. If I hadn't had the steroids they would try to delay it to give them to me, but already done so....hence the bed rest and trying to keep her cooking for a little bit longer.
Only 4 more days of school left for Riley! And 2 for Alexandra! I'm gonna be kinda bad on Saturday to be able to go to Alexandra's Joy School graduation, but then my mom is going to take both girls so I can be good for the rest of the weekend. But it has been good to have them around to help. It's so nice that they are so big and capable of helping me around the house! It definitely helps me to stay down more.
So we did another ultrasound yesterday and my cervix looks the same, so good news! We did the stress test (monitor baby and me for contractions) - Scarlett is looking great! and no contractions for me (at least during the test). The braxton hicks are still going strong and sometimes I'm even having to try to figure out if it's more than just a fake contraction. We're going to keep doing the stress test every week just to monitor both of us - I sure wish I could take one of those machines home with me, I'd listen to her heart beat all day long! So we can't do the Fetal Fibronectin (not sure on spelling) but that's the preterm test. Any bleeding would make it show as positive. And as my doctor said - even if it comes back positive there's not anything we're not already doing that we would need to add. She did tell me though that since I've already received the lung steroids if I do go into labor they will most likely not stop it. If I hadn't had the steroids they would try to delay it to give them to me, but already done so....hence the bed rest and trying to keep her cooking for a little bit longer.
Only 4 more days of school left for Riley! And 2 for Alexandra! I'm gonna be kinda bad on Saturday to be able to go to Alexandra's Joy School graduation, but then my mom is going to take both girls so I can be good for the rest of the weekend. But it has been good to have them around to help. It's so nice that they are so big and capable of helping me around the house! It definitely helps me to stay down more.
I am so there with you. I have been like that for 2 months. Now I am doing a little more. Things are looking ok and I just need to make it through next week. Good luck we will need to meet at the end of this journey with our little angels.
ReplyDeleteHey there. We definitely have to get together when we are both done.I feel like I am going to go at anytime with the pressure and contractions I am having. I will keep thinking of you also.
ReplyDelete