Shots in the Butt Hurt, but Pickles Taste Good!
Ok, the actual shot didn't hurt that bad, it was just the after effects. The nurse at the hospital was awesome. She sat and talked to us about all the stuff we're watching and what numbers (blood pressure wise) actually mean and what numbers they are looking for. I must say one of the things I really like about Kaiser and them being contracted with only certain hospitals is that they have all my records no matter where I go or when I was seen. Their computers are linked together. So the nurse today was able to look at my blood tests from yesterday and tell me that they looked good, plus she was able to have all of my history without me having to repeat stuff over and over and over. Very nice, especially since I feel so forgetful lately.
Things are pretty much the same as yesterday. Blood pressure was the same (still high for me, but not quite to the scary range). Baby's heart rate is great! (I loved this nurse, she was like since you're here lets just listen to her - most docs and nurses I've seen in the past would have been like get the shot, get out, okay maybe not the prenatal ones, but those er ones are mean! - okay maybe I'm biased because of my migraines, but I hate ER people, they hear migraine and they think drug seeker...). My bleeding is the same as yesterday, still just a little bit, and I'm not having anything other then braxton hicks, and even then there has only been a couple of those. So feeling confident that things are going good so far! I got a freebie hospital mug cuz I was thirsty!! I don't know why I love those things, but I do. It's probably cuz it's free, but I also think it's cool too....I'm a dork! And I don't know what it is about hospital ice, but I love it. I could sit and chew on it all the time....it's almost all gone now too...I'm sitting here chewing on it and eating pickles (hence the post title) and just enjoying the moment!
My next appointment is Tuesday, so hopefully I won't have any more news (unless it's funny girl news) before then.
Things are pretty much the same as yesterday. Blood pressure was the same (still high for me, but not quite to the scary range). Baby's heart rate is great! (I loved this nurse, she was like since you're here lets just listen to her - most docs and nurses I've seen in the past would have been like get the shot, get out, okay maybe not the prenatal ones, but those er ones are mean! - okay maybe I'm biased because of my migraines, but I hate ER people, they hear migraine and they think drug seeker...). My bleeding is the same as yesterday, still just a little bit, and I'm not having anything other then braxton hicks, and even then there has only been a couple of those. So feeling confident that things are going good so far! I got a freebie hospital mug cuz I was thirsty!! I don't know why I love those things, but I do. It's probably cuz it's free, but I also think it's cool too....I'm a dork! And I don't know what it is about hospital ice, but I love it. I could sit and chew on it all the time....it's almost all gone now too...I'm sitting here chewing on it and eating pickles (hence the post title) and just enjoying the moment!
My next appointment is Tuesday, so hopefully I won't have any more news (unless it's funny girl news) before then.
Comments
Post a Comment