Day of Firsts

Yesterday I got to see Scarlett's first real smile! It was brief, but I saw it!! She makes the best faces ever. She's got the "That's yucky" face down pat. She has this "Ooooo" face that is just cute. But I have been waiting very impatiently for a smile and finally got one!

Also we had a 5 hour break between feedings last night!!! Although it scared the crap out of me. She has been on a 3 hour schedule that you could almost set a timer to. So when she got up at 2 to eat I mentally thought ok, I'll be back up at 5 and then at 8. So when I woke up at 7 I freaked out and had to run in and check on her. She was in her swing so very hard to check for breathing, but I touched her hand and she grabbed my finger - so with a sigh of relief I went back in to bed for about 10 more minutes. Her other hand had been up by her mouth, so I wonder if she found her thumb and that's why she slept so good. She tries to take pacifiers but she doesn't really like them (hence the "that's yucky" face I see a lot). I even tried a different one then the hospital one, but Dean thinks it's too big for her little mouth. I think she's going to be a thumb sucker though. Every time she gets any finger near her mouth she tries to suck on it, and she's getting better at getting her hand to her mouth now. Deep down I don't want it to happen, but the lack of sleep part of me wishes she'd figure it out so I could have some more sleep....

I realized I haven't taken any pictures recently so I just ran upstairs and took this while she was sleeping...notice the hand near her mouth...I'll try to be better and take more of her this next week.


She also got to have her first evening with Grammy this week. We took the girls to Lakeside (free library passes) and since it was so hot I didn't want to drag her out too. So Mom came over to watch her. We had a great time. Although Alexandra is a complete wimp. She would really like more rides, but she's scared to try them. And while Riley will try all the little kid rides (except the coaster) she won't try any of the bigger rides with me. But that could be cause I took her on the Scrambler last summer and it scared her, so now she doesn't trust me when I say it's fun. Riley is really starting to be too big for the little kid rides, but she loves them, so oh well. The girls favorite ride is Bumper Cars though. They love riding with me and Dean and we try to hit each other. And I must say I was the best at it this time. Riley rode with Dean twice and then wanted to ride with me so she could be "the winner". Here are a few pictures I took.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears