Yesterday was my postpartum check-up. My blood pressure is back to normal! 122/68! I did have blood drawn to check and make sure that my hematocrit is back to normal. I will find out about that probably tomorrow. I'm down to only 4 more pounds to lose till I'm back to prepregnancy weight! Which is awesome since I haven't been exercising at all. I also had to take a little test to check for postpartum depression (which came back fine). I have to say though that this is the best I've ever felt after a pregnancy. I don't know if it's because I'm already on Prozac, or because I'm getting more sleep since she's a bottle baby, or just the combination of the two. I must say it is so nice to roll over and tap Dean on the shoulder and say "It's your turn". I never could do that with the other two, and it's been amazing! Plus Dean has been amazing by being willing to get up when I tap him! Plus we've been able to go and do things - like watch Harry Potter on opening day! - since Grammy can watch her without me having to worry about being back in time to feed her.
Yesterday after my appointment we used some more of our free coupons (thank you library!!) to go miniature golfing with the girls. It was only in the 70's and the wind was blowing just a little, so it was SOOOO nice outside. Riley got a hole in one on one of the holes and was super excited. Alexandra found that she likes just scooting the ball toward the hole with her club. We had a dad in line behind us with his two daughters and you could tell he was a golfer, he kept telling his girls how to line up and how to hold the club and how to swing. I'm sure he about had a heart attack when he saw what we were letting Alexandra do! She would go first and just scoot the ball to the hole and then proclaim herself the "WINNER!" and then the rest of us would go. It was a fun time and Scarlett just slept in her stroller for the whole thing.


Scarlett just keeps growing and growing. Check out her chunky legs!
Okay, it's not just chunky legs...it's chunky everywhere! We are supposed to still keep her on the 24-calorie preemie formula until her 2 month check-up, so who knows how much more chunky she'll be by then.
Yesterday after my appointment we used some more of our free coupons (thank you library!!) to go miniature golfing with the girls. It was only in the 70's and the wind was blowing just a little, so it was SOOOO nice outside. Riley got a hole in one on one of the holes and was super excited. Alexandra found that she likes just scooting the ball toward the hole with her club. We had a dad in line behind us with his two daughters and you could tell he was a golfer, he kept telling his girls how to line up and how to hold the club and how to swing. I'm sure he about had a heart attack when he saw what we were letting Alexandra do! She would go first and just scoot the ball to the hole and then proclaim herself the "WINNER!" and then the rest of us would go. It was a fun time and Scarlett just slept in her stroller for the whole thing.
About every other day she does a longer stretch at night. So far the longest has been 6 hours. But as of yesterday night she is on formula only. She spits up more with the formula then before with the mixture. Plus it definitely gives her more gas/air bubbles. She has started crying when she's got an air bubble that she can't get out, where before she wouldn't cry at all. Luckily she's getting better about burping, but she's still a hard baby to burp. I'm hoping that once she gets used to the formula it will get better, but we'll have to see.
Alexandra's quote for the day:
"Is she sleeping? Cuz her head looks tired."
And just to brag a little about Alexandra. She is so smart! I'm looking forward to when they do her testing at the beginning of Kindergarten. She is reading so much, and without any real help or teaching from us. She tries to sound out words that she doesn't know, again all on her own! Monday when we were doing the grocery shopping we were on our way home when she tells me "If they add an S and an H to that it would spell sheep." So I'm looking around to try and find out what she's talking about when she tells me "that car over there". The car was a ..... Jeep! Her favorite thing is to "spell" right now. When she sees words she has to tell you what all the letters are, plus then she's starting to remember them later. She came into the family room the other day and told me "Butter...B-U-T-T-E-R". When I asked her where she learned that from she told me "the granola box" - it has peanut butter granola bars in it.
Comments
Post a Comment