Unconditional Love
Last night, well more accurately early this morning, while I was up feeding Scarlett, I was just hit by how much I love this little girl. And it just struck me as odd how that works. We just automatically love our babies. It's what helps us get up at 2 in the morning to feed them. It's what makes cleaning up baby poop not that horrible. Don't get me wrong, it's still gross, but I wouldn't be cleaning up after anyone else. It's what helps us survive colic (Jami you're amazing!) It makes the horrible side effects from pregnancy and labor seem not that bad. I must admit thinking I was in the worst pain ever during the end of labor, but yet now I can't really remember exactly how horrible it was. I remember thinking it was horrible...but not remembering the actual pain. (Which is how most of us end up getting pregnant more then once...)
I find it odd, because when anyone else enters our lives we have to get to know them before we even just like them. And then it takes even longer for us to love them.
I can give specific reasons about why I love Dean, or Riley, or Alexandra. But Scarlett hasn't done anything but just be my beautiful daughter. And yet I my heart just feels full when I look at her. I hate getting out of bed when I'd much rather be sleeping, but yet when I pick her up and see her face, all of those feelings disappear. It's amazing how that works.
I find it odd, because when anyone else enters our lives we have to get to know them before we even just like them. And then it takes even longer for us to love them.
I can give specific reasons about why I love Dean, or Riley, or Alexandra. But Scarlett hasn't done anything but just be my beautiful daughter. And yet I my heart just feels full when I look at her. I hate getting out of bed when I'd much rather be sleeping, but yet when I pick her up and see her face, all of those feelings disappear. It's amazing how that works.
Thank you, Cortney. You rock, too, by the way. Dealing with such hard pregnancies and still doing it again... that's strength. :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Jami said.
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE the pics of Scarlett. She's got that shocked look down pat. :)