Another great day at Joy School
Today was another great lesson by yours truly!! I really enjoyed teaching this week. It was a great time and the kids were great!

They loved that they got to eat it! And you know what, it wasn't that bad for being cooked on the stove in a tin foil pop up thing!
Today part of our snack time was about popping popcorn. I was supposed to have an old fashioned popper to do it, but couldn't find one anywhere. I couldn't even find an air popper. (I only looked at thrift stores...there was no way I was shelling out $20 for a popcorn popper at the store) And since I didn't think that 4 year olds would like watching my microwave I bought one of the Jiffypop pans that you do on the stove and it was great!!
The kids had a blast. They had no idea what we were going to be making and as the tin foil got bigger and bigger they were all asking if it was going to explode!
We read the story of Caps for Sale. Now the lesson said to have caps and reenact the story with the kids. Well, I don't have any hats, so I used the butcher paper from the finger/toe painting on Tuesday and made newspaper hats! The kids loved being the monkeys and imitating me (the peddler) after they had stolen my hats while I was napping. Then I let them decorate them and they got to have something to take home!
Here are all those monkeys!!

They then got to blow bubbles in solution with straws. They loved it! And surprisingly enough it was not that messy!!!
They then got to blow bubbles in solution with straws. They loved it! And surprisingly enough it was not that messy!!!
Then we went outside to paint with water. At first they looked at me like "Water?" But then they had a good time.
Although in the midst of painting they found a huge grasshopper. They were using their paintbrushes and flinging water at it. So I asked them if they wanted to catch it in a bug jar. I gave them the jar and then stood as far back as I could. There was no way I was gonna be near it when it hopped. And those brave girls (Colin wasn't quite as brave) trapped it! I was quite impressed!
You forgot to tell about Alexandra and the cricket.
ReplyDelete