Last week was a good week. Monday was my first Troop meeting as Brownie Leader. We took a field trip to the pumpkin patch. I forgot my camera, so I wasn't able to get pictures. It was a great time though. We went through one of the cornfield mazes with the girls. Thank goodness I can sort of read a map, we'd have been so lost! The troop is 11 girls, which is kinda big, but they are great girls and I'm looking forward to having fun with them this year. The pumpkin patch we went to was great. You go out to the fields and pick any pumpkin you want and the prices were great. Because we had so many pumpkins it ended up being only $5 for each pumpkin. The only rule I had was the girls had to be able to carry whatever pumpkin they picked because there was no way I could carry them. One of the girls said "Yeah because you're not an octopus!" Which made me laugh.
Then on Tuesday I got to go with Alexandra and her Joy School class to another pumpkin patch for their field trip. We went to a different one, and while this one had more animals that you could pet (if you could get them to come up to the fence), the pumpkin selection was not as good. Part of the cost of the field trip included a free small pumpkin for each kid. At first I was worried that Alexandra would be upset that she wasn't going to get a big pumpkin like Riley had the day before, but all she talked about the whole time was how she was going to get a "teeny pumpkin". So it all worked out great. This time I did remember my camera!


Then on Tuesday I got to go with Alexandra and her Joy School class to another pumpkin patch for their field trip. We went to a different one, and while this one had more animals that you could pet (if you could get them to come up to the fence), the pumpkin selection was not as good. Part of the cost of the field trip included a free small pumpkin for each kid. At first I was worried that Alexandra would be upset that she wasn't going to get a big pumpkin like Riley had the day before, but all she talked about the whole time was how she was going to get a "teeny pumpkin". So it all worked out great. This time I did remember my camera!
I love her little class they are so cute together. They get to have a Halloween party next week which is going to be great! They get to carve a pumpkin as a class and then they get to trick-or-treat each other. And then we'll have a little lunch with all the moms and kids.
Saturday we went and got flu shots. I am determined to get them every year now. Two years ago I had the flu and it was horrible. I spent a whole week feeling absolutely miserable and all of my muscles hurt horribly. At one point my temperature was 103, but yet I was freezing. I had so many blankets on me, and when I'd have to get up the shivering would make my muscles hurt even more. I laid on the couch for a whole week and mostly slept. I didn't feel like doing anything, not watching TV or playing video games (the stuff I do when I'm being lazy).
I had been keeping it a secret from the girls until Saturday morning because I didn't want to hear all the crying. Once they knew it was an hour of whining and crying. When we got to Kaiser the nurse was so nice. She offered to let both girls get the Mist instead of the shot. So Riley was super excited that she didn't have to get a shot. Alexandra on the other hand would not stop crying. She had gotten herself all worked up and wouldn't listen to us that she didn't have to get a shot, so since her nose was running everywhere and I wasn't sure we'd get her to breathe in the mist, she had to have a shot. The nurse was great though, I didn't feel a thing! Not that I would have minded if I did - anything to avoid getting sick. I did have stuffed animals for the girls afterward, although Riley really didn't earn hers (no pain-no toy). I had gone to Hallmark to get Webkinz for Christmas and had earned enough points to get a free one, so I bought the Halloween Webkinz for them for "being brave" for their shots. Riley got a black cat (which she's also going to use with her costume) and Alexandra got a bat.
Saturday we went and got flu shots. I am determined to get them every year now. Two years ago I had the flu and it was horrible. I spent a whole week feeling absolutely miserable and all of my muscles hurt horribly. At one point my temperature was 103, but yet I was freezing. I had so many blankets on me, and when I'd have to get up the shivering would make my muscles hurt even more. I laid on the couch for a whole week and mostly slept. I didn't feel like doing anything, not watching TV or playing video games (the stuff I do when I'm being lazy).
I had been keeping it a secret from the girls until Saturday morning because I didn't want to hear all the crying. Once they knew it was an hour of whining and crying. When we got to Kaiser the nurse was so nice. She offered to let both girls get the Mist instead of the shot. So Riley was super excited that she didn't have to get a shot. Alexandra on the other hand would not stop crying. She had gotten herself all worked up and wouldn't listen to us that she didn't have to get a shot, so since her nose was running everywhere and I wasn't sure we'd get her to breathe in the mist, she had to have a shot. The nurse was great though, I didn't feel a thing! Not that I would have minded if I did - anything to avoid getting sick. I did have stuffed animals for the girls afterward, although Riley really didn't earn hers (no pain-no toy). I had gone to Hallmark to get Webkinz for Christmas and had earned enough points to get a free one, so I bought the Halloween Webkinz for them for "being brave" for their shots. Riley got a black cat (which she's also going to use with her costume) and Alexandra got a bat.
Comments
Post a Comment