Happy 5th Birthday!
Wednesday (April Fool's Day) was Alexandra's birthday! And she is now....
5!!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone.
For her birthday she wanted to go swimming, so we went to a really cool rec center that she had never been to. We had to go in the morning because Dean had to go to work. Grammy was able to go with us and we had a blast. Since the bleeding has stopped (knock on wood) I was able to go swimming with them. It was so much fun. Alexandra wouldn't go down any of the slides, but she loved going around the lazy river in a tube (as long as one of us was with her). Then we went home and had lunch and she got to open her presents. Don't mind the lack of hair being done...we'd just been swimming!
Grammy got her a Webkinz mouse. (Grammy has one and Alexandra always wants to play with it, so now she has one of her own!)
Grammy got her some easy reader Dr. Seuss books. She is already reading! Which is amazing since none of us have "taught" her how to read, she just started doing it on her own. So now we're working with her, but it's amazing to hear her read words and when you ask her how she knows what the words are she tells you "I don't know, I just do!"
More bug catcher supplies! I feel sorry for the bugs in our yard this spring...not really they can all die in her bug houses!!!!
Riley got a DS for her birthday and Alexandra has been wanting one, but since I'm not into spending that kind of money on a 5 year old for a game system that's too old for her I got her a v-tech cyber pocket. (Which actually has a cool story behind it. I got an ad from Toys R Us and they had it at half price. When I went into the store there were no tags anywhere saying it was on sale...so I went up to the cash register to check out all ready to show my ad and demand the half price. And it rang up at the half-price!! Apparently it was a super secret sale....they didn't want anyone to know...)
And since she loves my camera so much, we got her one of her very own. (It was in the secret sale ad too!) This has been her favorite present. She has taken pictures and movies of everything. It was fun to watch her and Riley yesterday playing with it and making movies. They would set up a scene and then act it out! It was great!
For her birthday she wanted to go swimming, so we went to a really cool rec center that she had never been to. We had to go in the morning because Dean had to go to work. Grammy was able to go with us and we had a blast. Since the bleeding has stopped (knock on wood) I was able to go swimming with them. It was so much fun. Alexandra wouldn't go down any of the slides, but she loved going around the lazy river in a tube (as long as one of us was with her). Then we went home and had lunch and she got to open her presents. Don't mind the lack of hair being done...we'd just been swimming!
It was a great day. Grammy took them to spend the night since it's spring break, plus then I got to rest for the rest of the day. So far I'm still doing really good (as long as I stay down). I can tell when I've been up to long because I start to hurt. The baby (and hopefully we'll have a name soon!!) moves around so much, and not just little moves, she kicks hard!! Which I love because it tells me everything is going great! I have now made it through all my "important" things, so if bedrest happens now, I will be ok with it. I hated having Riley's 3rd birthday in the hospital, so I have been praying to get through both of their birthdays and our anniversary. Getting through Easter would be awesome too, but I'm not gonna push it!
YAY!!! I'm so happy that you got to celebrate Riley and Alexandra's birthdays at home!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm still giggling about the description of the "breeze" from your zoo trip.