Things I Miss!
This past week I've been feeling like a crappy mom. And I know I'm not, it's just I'm not able to do ANYTHING, and this week it just hit me kinda hard. I know that I'm being "lazy" for a good reason, actually a great reason, (I can't wait to see this little girl) but still it doesn't keep me from having a pity party. So here's my pity post!
I miss playing with my girls! And yes I still play with them, but it's just different. I don't get to run and chase them around the house. I haven't gotten to play with them in the snow. I don't get to help Alexandra with her bike riding. I don't get to take them places very much anymore, and that could be just because I can't walk all around or because when it gets to about 5:oo at night I'm just ready for bed.
I miss walking Riley to her door at school in the morning and then waiting for her after school. I miss letting the girls play on the playground or ride their scooters after school.
I miss volunteering in Riley's class at school. I miss knowing what's going on and helping out the kids. I miss going on field trips (with both girls).
I miss cleaning. Yes that's right, I said the dreaded cleaning word. I just really want to scrub my whole house (and I know that's probably the nesting phase hitting me) but I just see the dirt and toys and mess and want to clean like I've never cleaned before. I want to rearrange furniture and change things about.
I miss being cuddly. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy, but I have a hard time with people touching me and kissing me. Poor Riley, every night I'm like just give me a kiss on the cheek and then go away.
Ok, I'm going to stop with the whining. I have so many plans to do stuff with the girls after the baby is born to try and make up for 9 months of having a crappy mom. Is it bad that I kinda want the baby to come early (not too early, but 36 weeks wouldn't be bad) so I have more of the summer to do things with the girls?
This week I was thinking about how maybe if I get to 36 weeks I can stop with the whole restricted activity thing, but then I got to thinking about how horrible it would be if I stopped being good and that made something bad happen....With Riley I didn't really realize how dangerous the abruption was for her and (this I didn't know at all) for me. But afterwards I've learned really how bad a situation it can be. That's probably one of the things that keeps me being good, that and wanting this baby to be healthy and strong!
I can't wait to see this little girl (well I can, but I'm getting excited) and have her join our family! And to end on a funny note - Alexandra came in the bathroom while I was showering yesterday and she looked at me and said (loudly) "Wow! The baby is huge!!!!!!" It made me laugh!
I miss playing with my girls! And yes I still play with them, but it's just different. I don't get to run and chase them around the house. I haven't gotten to play with them in the snow. I don't get to help Alexandra with her bike riding. I don't get to take them places very much anymore, and that could be just because I can't walk all around or because when it gets to about 5:oo at night I'm just ready for bed.
I miss walking Riley to her door at school in the morning and then waiting for her after school. I miss letting the girls play on the playground or ride their scooters after school.
I miss volunteering in Riley's class at school. I miss knowing what's going on and helping out the kids. I miss going on field trips (with both girls).
I miss cleaning. Yes that's right, I said the dreaded cleaning word. I just really want to scrub my whole house (and I know that's probably the nesting phase hitting me) but I just see the dirt and toys and mess and want to clean like I've never cleaned before. I want to rearrange furniture and change things about.
I miss being cuddly. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy, but I have a hard time with people touching me and kissing me. Poor Riley, every night I'm like just give me a kiss on the cheek and then go away.
Ok, I'm going to stop with the whining. I have so many plans to do stuff with the girls after the baby is born to try and make up for 9 months of having a crappy mom. Is it bad that I kinda want the baby to come early (not too early, but 36 weeks wouldn't be bad) so I have more of the summer to do things with the girls?
This week I was thinking about how maybe if I get to 36 weeks I can stop with the whole restricted activity thing, but then I got to thinking about how horrible it would be if I stopped being good and that made something bad happen....With Riley I didn't really realize how dangerous the abruption was for her and (this I didn't know at all) for me. But afterwards I've learned really how bad a situation it can be. That's probably one of the things that keeps me being good, that and wanting this baby to be healthy and strong!
I can't wait to see this little girl (well I can, but I'm getting excited) and have her join our family! And to end on a funny note - Alexandra came in the bathroom while I was showering yesterday and she looked at me and said (loudly) "Wow! The baby is huge!!!!!!" It made me laugh!
Cort you are so cute!! One wonderful thing about childhood is the short term memory, the girls aren't going to remember you being a "crappy mom". Once the little sister is born they'll think about nothing else. Just let all those feelings of guilt fade away, you are doing the most important thing of all, safe guarding your and the baby's health. All that children need to know is that they are loved, and I'm sure they feel that every second!
ReplyDeleteAt least Alexandra said that the baby is huge.
ReplyDelete