Alexandra's First Day of Joy School!

When I woke up the girls this morning the first thing Alexandra says to me is "Guess what today is." She then answered in one of the happiest voices I've ever heard from her - "It's the 2 day! Joy school is today!" (Two day is how she says the date - we have a dry erase calendar we write our activities on and she knows her numbers so it helps her to know when we're doing stuff)


Here is a picture of her with her "school supplies". She is so excited!!

And here she is getting ready to go into Joy school! She was great until I told her goodbye, then she was hanging on me and asking me to stay....until she noticed that the other kids where going to the playroom to play. Then it didn't matter. In fact when I showed up to pick her up the first words out of her mouth were "Can I stay a little longer?"


And here is her first craft from school! They took crayon shavings (although she keeps telling me that it was not crayons - they were sprinkles) and placed them on a paper and then Miss Jeannie (the mom that's teaching this week) took an iron and melted them into a picture. She thinks hers looks like a rocket! She was very proud of herself and so am I. She tried to tell me all about what she did. They had a snack of grapes, goldfish, and sticks (pretzels), but she only got 3 grapes. They sang songs, and played outside, put together puzzles and learned all the rules, although she won't tell me what any of the rules are "I can't! It's a secret." And her favorite part (besides the craft) was storytime. The story they heard was about a baby bird that was looking for his mommy and it was "GREAT and funny!!" It was Are You My Mother?

She is definitely looking forward to Thursday, but even more so for when it gets to be at our house. She told me she can't wait to show everyone her webkins!

Comments

  1. Tell Alexandra that I love her rocketship. I think that was a cool craft. And for everyone else - notice Tiger - the little cat - who is taking up half the couch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears