Dean is Medium!
You can tell that school is in session.....too many germs are coming home with my girls. They were sick last week and now I'm sick too. I hate being sick. I wish there was a shot you could get to never ever be sick ever again. Even if you had to have it every week, I'd be all for it! When I get sick it just seems to last forever, my immune system is just too slow.
So today in Relief Society we were talking about trials and why we have them. I was thinking to myself, my trial today is that I had to get up this morning and go to church (because I didn't feel good). And then someone mentioned that a lot of the trials we go through are ones that we do to ourselves, not ones that Heavenly Father gives us. And then I felt that my trial of getting up today was one I created myself. I say this because last week (when it was my birthday) I had been up late Saturday night because we had family in town and I decided that since it was my birthday I was gonna sleep in. (I know lame reason for missing church....) Also the week before we missed church because I woke up with one of my headaches. So since I had missed 2 weeks in a row, when I woke up this morning I thought I have to go today I can't miss 3 weeks in a row. Now if I had made a correct decision last week and gone to church, I could have woken up this morning and just stayed in bed with all my sick germs. But because I made a bad decision last week.....I had my trial this week. I know I think way too much, but I just felt it was kind of a cool way of "likening" the lesson to myself.
We got Dean's overtime from the DNC week on the paycheck this week. So hopefully we'll be able to save a good chunk of it for Christmas, although (as it seems to always do when we have a little extra money) the car refused to start yesterday. I'm hoping that it's just a battery issue, but knowing my luck......somehow it's some part that's going to take all the extra money that we just got. I'm just a little pessimistic when it comes to cars and all the stuff it takes to make them work. I did get to go and do a little extra shopping though and I was so proud of myself. I went to Old Navy to spend some of my birthday money and was able to get a shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of capris for $15!! They were all on clearance and then this weekend they had an extra 20% off everything in the store. It was great! I always feel so good when I'm able to find deals like that. I also got my haircut this weekend (and at some point I'll use my camera for a self-portrait and post it....but not today cuz I'm sick and my nose is runny).
So now for the funny story of the day! This morning as we were getting ready for church, I went into the kitchen and Dean was in there. He had just put on his dress shirt and it wasn't buttoned up yet. I told him that he was looking sexy and should just leave his shirt like that for church. Riley came in right then and asked what sexy was. Now having been caught off guard, I couldn't think of a good reply (or even a good way to explain it to a 7 year old), so I told her it means that someone is Hot. She looks at Dean and says "He doesn't look hot to me, he just looks medium."
So today in Relief Society we were talking about trials and why we have them. I was thinking to myself, my trial today is that I had to get up this morning and go to church (because I didn't feel good). And then someone mentioned that a lot of the trials we go through are ones that we do to ourselves, not ones that Heavenly Father gives us. And then I felt that my trial of getting up today was one I created myself. I say this because last week (when it was my birthday) I had been up late Saturday night because we had family in town and I decided that since it was my birthday I was gonna sleep in. (I know lame reason for missing church....) Also the week before we missed church because I woke up with one of my headaches. So since I had missed 2 weeks in a row, when I woke up this morning I thought I have to go today I can't miss 3 weeks in a row. Now if I had made a correct decision last week and gone to church, I could have woken up this morning and just stayed in bed with all my sick germs. But because I made a bad decision last week.....I had my trial this week. I know I think way too much, but I just felt it was kind of a cool way of "likening" the lesson to myself.
We got Dean's overtime from the DNC week on the paycheck this week. So hopefully we'll be able to save a good chunk of it for Christmas, although (as it seems to always do when we have a little extra money) the car refused to start yesterday. I'm hoping that it's just a battery issue, but knowing my luck......somehow it's some part that's going to take all the extra money that we just got. I'm just a little pessimistic when it comes to cars and all the stuff it takes to make them work. I did get to go and do a little extra shopping though and I was so proud of myself. I went to Old Navy to spend some of my birthday money and was able to get a shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of capris for $15!! They were all on clearance and then this weekend they had an extra 20% off everything in the store. It was great! I always feel so good when I'm able to find deals like that. I also got my haircut this weekend (and at some point I'll use my camera for a self-portrait and post it....but not today cuz I'm sick and my nose is runny).
So now for the funny story of the day! This morning as we were getting ready for church, I went into the kitchen and Dean was in there. He had just put on his dress shirt and it wasn't buttoned up yet. I told him that he was looking sexy and should just leave his shirt like that for church. Riley came in right then and asked what sexy was. Now having been caught off guard, I couldn't think of a good reply (or even a good way to explain it to a 7 year old), so I told her it means that someone is Hot. She looks at Dean and says "He doesn't look hot to me, he just looks medium."
That's my Bug!
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna start telling Jake that he looks medium!
ReplyDelete