You know your kids like school way to much when...
So this morning when the alarm clock rang, Dean told me that he had heard Riley coughing all night and didn't think she'd be well enough for school. So I went into her room and woke her up and asked how she was feeling - "Great!" was her reply. So I got all of the clothes together and got ready myself then had the girls come downstairs for breakfast. As they were eating breakfast all I hear is coughing and sneezing and snuffling from both of them. So they get done eating and come into the living room to get dressed and Alexandra's nose is so runny and she feels like she's running a low grade temp. So I ask her if she feels sick and wants to stay home today. She adamantly says she is fine and wants to go to school. So after getting them both dressed and their hair done, and going through probably 10 tissues in this short period of time, I veto both of them and tell them they are not going to school today. Which upsets both of them.....whatever happened to wanting to stay home and faking being sick, I can't get them to stay home when they really are sick.....
It's a good thing that they like school so much, but I feel like Mean Mommy not letting them go to school. Riley even tried to convince me that she needed to go because they might be learning something very important today and she would miss it...
It's a good thing that they like school so much, but I feel like Mean Mommy not letting them go to school. Riley even tried to convince me that she needed to go because they might be learning something very important today and she would miss it...
Comments
Post a Comment