Ready for the weekend!

I'm so glad this week is done. Busy busy me! Although I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow either.....laundry....yuck! It was a good week though, just way too fast!

Joy school is going great. Alexandra loves it. In fact she tries to hide from me when I try to pick her up. Thursday she wouldn't tell me anything that she had done though, she wanted to wait till Riley came home, and then "I can't remember" was all I heard. Although they did get to cut and glue construction paper and she made me a "Magazine". This week though she has been driving me crazy. She has got this attitude lately, I hope it's not caused by getting a little independence going to school by herself. Today we had to go grocery shopping (payday) and she got mad at me and threw a fit because she didn't like my idea, she wanted to do her own (which was go home and watch Curious George). And if I hear the phrase "That's BORING!" one more time...............

Riley had a good week at school. She told me this week that she has a new friend, but she's only in 1st grade. So we talked about how it's okay to have friends in different grades and classes. She was ok with having a friend in a lower grade, she just didn't want the other 2nd graders to make fun of her because of it. Riley is still having issues with her hair. She hates having it brushed, not that I blame her it drives me crazy too. Before school started we talked about cutting her hair (it was to her waist at that point), she had to have it trimmed because the ends were horrible, but I asked her if she wanted it cut more than that. She said no because she was afraid she wouldn't have any friends if she cut her hair. Apparently long hair is the way to make friends....we had a long talk then about how her friends like her for her, not for her hair, I don't think she believed me though. We did cut off about 5 inches of it, which made a huge difference, I didn't realize how short it would look, well short for Riley's hair. She's still upset that it's horrible to brush, but she won't leave it in braids or ponys at night and apparently she's a crazy sleeper. Yesterday morning as we were brushing teeth she started crying because if she cuts her hair no one will know who she is. Now I had not mentioned anything about cutting her hair again and we were brushing teeth not hair, so this took me by surprise. So we talked about how no one has the same face she has, and no one has the same glasses, and how she still recognizes her friends when they get their hair cut. So I think she is braving herself up to cut it, maybe....

I am excited Dean has next week off!!! Yeah!!!! He has just worked so much lately with the DNC I feel like I've hardly seen him the last 3 weeks. It will be so good to just have a week to spend time with him. He took it off because it's my birthday week, and although he didn't work on my birthday, it's just a darned good week to not work!! Also we just found out that some of his family is going to be in town that week too, so even better. His sister and his niece are coming into town. I'm very excited!! I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with them since they live in Arizona, but every time I do, I just grow to love them even more!!

This week I have also discovered the addictiveness that is Facebook....very cool, very time consuming.....lol!! It's so cool to find all my old friends from the single's ward and school. You would think that since we still live in the same area it would be easy to keep in touch with people from the singles ward, but not true....apparently once you get married you have the plague and they don't want to hang out with you anymore!! Just kidding...sorta... No I know how hard it is to keep up with old friends once you have a family and are on the run with kids. So that's what has made this such a cool "discovery" for me. (Discovery means Meredith told me to get a page, hehehe)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Bit = Mokey Jr. :)
    Do you remember when I finally cut your hair when you were in first grade? It was down to your knees - the previous Halloween you were Princess Leia and we used your hair for those buns over the ears. You went to school the next day, and were in tears because your teacher asked who the new student was, and took some convincing that you were Cortney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that today is your birthday - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! Hope its been a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!!! It was great!! We need to get together this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears