Alexandra's Birthday Party

Saturday was Alexandra's birthday party. For her party she wanted to "catch bugs". For some reason she is fascinated with bugs and catching them (and not letting them out, but not understanding why they die). So we went with a whole bug theme and she loved it!! Here is her cake that she got to decorate with gummy tarantulas and worms.

One of the activities I decided to do was a scavenger hunt for plastic bugs. I got all the kids little bug catcher boxes (for the "goody bags") so they could take them home with them. Here are pictures of the bugs hiding before the party started.
Grasshoppers
Glow-in-the-dark caterpillars

Flys

Centipedes

Ants (in a picnic basket - I'm so stinking creative!)

Butterflies
Bees

Red and Yellow ladybugs
When they kids first got there I had them sit and make door hangers and pictures with foam bug stickers.

Then they went on the scavenger hunt. I must say its a good thing I didn't really hide them that hard because they kept getting frustrated trying to find some of them.



Then it was cake time!



I love this picture of her trying to eat a gummy spider!!!
Then we opened presents (I left out present pictures because this was getting way long with pictures). Then they made spider hats!

Then they colored pictures until it was time to go home.

It was very busy and very fun!! Alexandra told me afterwards that it was the best birthday party ever and that it was very "awesome". I had a great time and was very happy I was able to think up all of those things to do for her "buggy" party!

Comments

  1. Seriously, THAT is totally cool! It looks like it was a lot of fun!!

    Hope you didn't strain yourself too much getting everything together... How are you doing, anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears