Doctor's Appointment Week 24

So my appointment yesterday went well. I could only get an afternoon appointment so the girls got to go with, which wasn't a big deal considering all they do is measure and listen to the heart rate.

So they weigh me (and no I'm not posting the weight, but I'm up 16 lbs which is more than I've ever been up at this point...not sure why, but I think I'm gonna blame the girl scout cookies - although the good news is I'm actually up to where I was when I started exercising last year so hopefully it'll come off easy again) and Riley says "WOW! That's a lot!!" The nurse tells Riley "I don't think you're gonna get to come next time..."

When the doctor comes in (still seeing the doctor I like!) we talk about my bleeding (or lack of it!!) and she decides that we'll wait on the steroids since my bleeding has stopped. She said if it starts up again at all we'll do them then. Then she sets up the chair next to the bed so the girls can help her do the heart rate. Riley got to squirt the goo on me and Alexandra got to hold and turn on the little machine and then they got to read the numbers to the doctor. They had a blast! And when Alexandra told the baby to move, she kicked! So they got to hear a kick too. And I'm starting to wonder about Alexandra and this new baby....already they seem to have a bond. A lot of the times when Alexandra will talk to my belly the baby will move around, plus she was the only one who was determined that this was a girl.

I measured 25 weeks! But my doctor and I talked and she said that they will only change the due date if it's more than two weeks off the original (ultrasound said 7-6, last period says 7-13). So they are keeping it at July 13th. I'm gonna continue with July 9th (which was what the previous ultrasound said). It's in the middle and works for me! Although I still think if would be a blast to have a July 4th baby! Hey I can wish!! I already have an April Fool's baby and I wasn't planning on that at all!

Comments

  1. That's my Riley. Honest and says just what she is thinking. lol.
    And imagine Alexandra influencing this baby in the future - sounds like trouble, make that TROUBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went so well!!! It's great that the girls get to be a part of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that letting the girls be involved like that is fabulous! Keep up the good work =] How amazing is it to them to be able to see and hear and feel all of that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears