The Big 23!
So WHEN (I'm being optimistic and positive) I make it through this week, I will have beaten my record. 23 weeks was when I had the abruption with Riley. I've already beaten Alexandra's week.
I'm so happy to have made it this far. This week has been my goal week from the beginning. Partly because I know that now is when they start considering the baby to be viable. Now if anything happens, they will do everything they can to either stop contractions or help the baby. Now every week beyond that I'm not on bed rest is awesome!! I think at my appointment next week they will probably give me the steroid shots for the baby's lungs. We talked about that early in the pregnancy and my doctor said she wanted to give it to me once we could, that way it will have time to work just in case the worst happens.
I'm still feeling good, just tired it seems all the time. The baby is moving tons!! Dean and Alexandra got to feel her kick for the first time Sunday at church. Riley had already felt her kick and was bragging about being the only one. I'm so glad for feeling the baby move. It's just a reassurance that everything is ok every time it happens. I've got a list of names picked out, but Dean is "not in a naming mood" yet....argh!!! I'd like to call her something besides "the baby". He better hurry up and get in a naming mood, or he won't get to help name her!
I'm so happy to have made it this far. This week has been my goal week from the beginning. Partly because I know that now is when they start considering the baby to be viable. Now if anything happens, they will do everything they can to either stop contractions or help the baby. Now every week beyond that I'm not on bed rest is awesome!! I think at my appointment next week they will probably give me the steroid shots for the baby's lungs. We talked about that early in the pregnancy and my doctor said she wanted to give it to me once we could, that way it will have time to work just in case the worst happens.
I'm still feeling good, just tired it seems all the time. The baby is moving tons!! Dean and Alexandra got to feel her kick for the first time Sunday at church. Riley had already felt her kick and was bragging about being the only one. I'm so glad for feeling the baby move. It's just a reassurance that everything is ok every time it happens. I've got a list of names picked out, but Dean is "not in a naming mood" yet....argh!!! I'd like to call her something besides "the baby". He better hurry up and get in a naming mood, or he won't get to help name her!
23 is a big week! I hope everything keeps going well!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I didn't realize you were so far along! Time sure flies, doesn't it? I love the power of prayer!
ReplyDeleteCortney, I'm so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY that things are going well for you! Although I must say that it makes me kind of sad that anyone should have to worry about the 'worst.' Congratulations on Riley's baptism. That's a big step! Love ya tons!!!!
ReplyDelete