Why I should be Irish

I have always had a fascination with all things Irish. Maybe deep down inside I really am Irish. (Hey it could be possible, I have no idea of my ancestry on my biological fathers side)
So I thought I would post a list of why I should be Irish!
I love St. Patrick's Day! I always have!
Every time I go to the store and see all the shamrock decorations it just makes me happy deep down inside.
My favorite color is GREEN.
I have always wanted to have red hair. (And have dyed it that color many times)
I love shamrocks. I remember being little and being at Nan's house and spending hours in the backyard looking for a 4-leaf clover.
I love Colin Farrell. (he's just hot, and well his accent....) There are many more Irish actors I could name, but he's the #1 for me!
I love Irish accents! (I told Dean if he'd learn to talk with an Irish accent....yeah those of you who like accents know where that conversation went!)
I loved Riverdance. (And I must admit, I would even try to do it while watching it on TV....hey I was only like 18, I was young and crazy!)
I love Irish musicians - Enya, The Corrs, The Cranberries, U2 (just to name a few, and I must admit that when I see Celtic Woman playing PBS I usually watch it)
I love hearing bagpipes!
I love leprechauns! (I love the movie Darby O'Gill and the Little People)
Rainbows always make me think of a pot of gold at the end. (It goes with the leprechauns)
I have always wanted to go to Ireland. (Who wouldn't want to go somewhere named the Emerald Isle?)
I love movies with Ireland in them, Far and Away, War of the Buttons, PS I Love You (which I haven't watched since I got pregnant because it makes me cry tons when I'm not all hormonal and emotional), and I already mentioned Darby O'Gill.
I love Irish names. (Riley!! and many others that Dean has always vetoed when picking names for the babies)
I love Claddagh rings.
I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I know many of you are thinking what does that have to do with Ireland....well Angel is originally from Ireland!!
I loved Lucky Brand Jeans, and I think deep down it was the shamrock on the logo that did it for me. (Can't afford them now, plus I'm not skinny like I used to be)
I had a blast looking for a St. Patrick's Day background for the blog.
I always think that last names that start with an O' are cool!!!! The Mc's are cool too, but always make me think of McDonalds.....
And think how long this list could be if I drank......Irish Whiskey, Green Beer - although the thought of adding green food coloring to any type of food/drink kinda turns my stomach.
You are too cute!! I think that you really ARE Irish, since you know all of these Irish-factoids.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I like Irish names too, like Ceara =]
HHMM (whispering) bagpipes are scottish :)
ha ha! I love all those mucians to, I am a little irish though. :) mY dad and bro are going there next month. I'm so excited for them. . . .only wish i could go too. :)
ReplyDeleteglad to hear your pregnancy is going well. Take care.