28 Week Appointment
Tuesday I had my 28 week appointment, which meant it was time for the glucose test. I HATE this test. I'm hypoglycemic (as most of you know) and it's just not fun for me to drink all that sugar and not have anything to balance it out. I spent all day trying to get my blood sugar back to normal. I felt horrible all day long and no matter what I ate it didn't seem to help. Which made me very worried that the test might come back positive (I don't know if that's the correct term, but I couldn't think of another) and then I'd have to take the 3 hour-fasting-draw your blood every 30 mins-test which is even worse!! I've only had to do that test once and it was one of the worst days ever. I was crying hysterically and shaking and freezing, and they couldn't draw my blood. It took them 30 minutes one of the times for them to get my blood. The nurse told me she was so sorry. And I went through all of that so that my doctor at that time could verify that I was indeed hypoglycemic (he didn't believe me, so he made me take the test). When he called me with the results he told me "Well, you're definitely hypoglycemic" - DUH!!
But I got the results last night and it came back normal! So YAY! no 3 hour test for me!
Everything else is looking really good. Still no bleeding!! Her heart beat was very strong. Also she apparently believes my rib cage needs to be expanded. Her new movement is to get right behind my ribs (usually on the lower right side) and PUSH! At least that's what it feels like! She usually spends most days sideways. I can tell because I get kicked/pushed from both sides at the same time. I don't think she believes in the fetal position, but she better start getting used to the idea cuz she's gonna run out of room!
The heartburn is better this pregnancy than the other two, but it could be just that I don't have to spend all day lying down!! Usually I just have it after breakfast and then at bedtime. Although I am already sick of the taste of tums....
I really like my doctor this time too! (I liked my doctors for Alexandra too, but not Riley...) She is just so nice and I feel like she listens to me with all my concerns and questions. She renewed my temporary handicap tags, so I'm now good till the end of the pregnancy. I know how busy Kaiser is and how many patients they see, but she always remembers me and what's going on with the pregnancy and my life! She likes that we're having another girl. She told the girls at my last appointment that her family was 3 girls and she loved it. She told me this time if she could guarantee another girl, she'd get pregnant again (she has 2 girls right now). My next appointment (crossing my fingers that nothing happens) will be at 32 weeks. I'm so not used to this long wait between appointments. With both other girls if I was not in the hospital, they were seeing me every week. Plus I'd had tons of ultrasounds by this point in time. I'm kinda missing all the ultrasounds....it's just nice to be able to actually see the baby and know everything is ok. But for now I'll just rely on her kicking the crap out of me to know she's healthy and strong!
But I got the results last night and it came back normal! So YAY! no 3 hour test for me!
Everything else is looking really good. Still no bleeding!! Her heart beat was very strong. Also she apparently believes my rib cage needs to be expanded. Her new movement is to get right behind my ribs (usually on the lower right side) and PUSH! At least that's what it feels like! She usually spends most days sideways. I can tell because I get kicked/pushed from both sides at the same time. I don't think she believes in the fetal position, but she better start getting used to the idea cuz she's gonna run out of room!
The heartburn is better this pregnancy than the other two, but it could be just that I don't have to spend all day lying down!! Usually I just have it after breakfast and then at bedtime. Although I am already sick of the taste of tums....
I really like my doctor this time too! (I liked my doctors for Alexandra too, but not Riley...) She is just so nice and I feel like she listens to me with all my concerns and questions. She renewed my temporary handicap tags, so I'm now good till the end of the pregnancy. I know how busy Kaiser is and how many patients they see, but she always remembers me and what's going on with the pregnancy and my life! She likes that we're having another girl. She told the girls at my last appointment that her family was 3 girls and she loved it. She told me this time if she could guarantee another girl, she'd get pregnant again (she has 2 girls right now). My next appointment (crossing my fingers that nothing happens) will be at 32 weeks. I'm so not used to this long wait between appointments. With both other girls if I was not in the hospital, they were seeing me every week. Plus I'd had tons of ultrasounds by this point in time. I'm kinda missing all the ultrasounds....it's just nice to be able to actually see the baby and know everything is ok. But for now I'll just rely on her kicking the crap out of me to know she's healthy and strong!
Oh, man, the hearburn. And the kicking of the lower right ribs. Your kid could marry my kid and they'd be happy as clams, just kicking each other and burning esophagus' all over town. So glad things are good! :) So glad I'm not there anymore... lol I DID have to do the 3 hour glucose test, with the fun blood draws. So nice they make pregnant ladies do that. And pleasant. :)
ReplyDeleteThe sugary drink they gave me wasn't too terrible. Although I drank it like it was a shot, so I didn't really get a good taste of it. I didn't have to do the 3 hour test, thankfully. Hopefully I won't have to with this one, either!
ReplyDelete