4th Grade and 1st Grade
Yesterday was the girls first day of school. I can't believe how big they are getting! Time goes by WAY too quickly.
I had the evening before and the morning all planned and ready to go - and like most plans - it got completely screwed.
Sunday night I got the girls all in bed - including Scarlett!! When about 10 pm we hear Scarlett fussing. She apparently got a stomach bug (or she Chicken Teriyaki doesn't agree with her). She had thrown up. So Dean got her in the tub and I cleaned her bed and got the laundry going. Then we were sitting with her in our bed when she threw up again. Luckily hardly any got on her. So I changed her clothes and Dean took our comforter downstairs. She finally went back to bed at 11:30 (far from my Mommy in bed by 9:30 plan).
We all woke up at 6:30 and started getting everyone ready. (Scarlett was acting fine at this point) The girls were completely dressed. I had done their hair and was working on Scarlett's hair when she proceeded to throw up her entire bottle all over my lap. Dean grabbed her and headed to the tub and I hurried and cleaned myself off and scrubbed the carpet. Then Riley, Alexandra and I ran out the door.
I had planned on having Dean or I stay with Riley at her class door while the other went with Alexandra. So I asked the girls who needed me most (they were both super nervous) and Riley told me to go with Alexandra since she was littler. We walked Riley to her class and took a picture and gave her hugs and then hurried to Alexandra's class in time for another picture.
After school Alexandra told me she had a great day! And Riley told me it was a good day except she was sad they didn't do any "subjects". They worked on class rules and getting all of the class stuff and their supplies together and getting to know you stuff - but apparently Riley was ready to learn!
If not learning, at least ready to illustrate something! That's my Bug!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Little Bit had a super first day.
Love those girls!! I hope it's all smooth sailing for them (and you!) this year =]
ReplyDelete