Family Reunion

We went to a family reunion for my dad's side of the family. I find as I'm getting older that I appreciate and enjoy these so much. As a teenager I would have hated it (but then again what things don't teenagers hate....) I love hearing the stories and just listening to the family catching up with each other.



This is the oldest generation that was there.



And here is probably the 60% of us that were still around when it got around to the group shot. (It took forever to get pictures started)



While we were there we took Riley horseback riding. Here is her admiring horses.




We had to wait for our tour while they were hooking up this wagon. Dean wanted me to take a picture to show that the horses were taller then our van (that's not our van in the picture, but this was the better picture of the two).


Here is my horse. He looked like he would be very good....he was not. He was just the naughtiest horse on the trail. I spent most of the time pulling (with all my weight) on the reins trying to keep him from snacking the whole time.


One of the times he was being good! By the way no helmet for me. I wasn't looking like a dork like everyone else. Plus it wouldn't fit over my ponytail. Plus I wasn't scared of the horses.






Riley got her pick of all the little kid horses since she was the only kid on our ride. She told the guy she wanted a pinto!





I know it looks like I took a bunch of pictures, but these were really the only ones. Most of the trails we were on I couldn't handle my horse and a camera at the same time. At one point we went down this steep hill through the woods - off of the trail. When we got done our guide asked us if we felt like real cowboys. Riley replied "or cowgirls!" It was the most fun I've had on a ride. The scenery was beautiful. It was an awesome ride! And I was only sort of sore afterward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears