Anxiety

So apparently I must be having some back to school anxiety - and I'm not even the one going back to school!!! The last couple of days I've had these CRAZY dreams about the girls being back in school. Mostly it's about us being late or having forgotten to taken the girls to school for 3 days. Hopefully the dreams stop next week when they start school!

Dean and I took Riley to Water World yesterday. I had won a free ticket last year at the community celebration at the girls school. Grammy watched Alexandra and Scarlett for us. Scarlett is just way too little and Alexandra is just way too scaredy cat to go. There was no way I was paying that much to just sit with Alexandra while Dean and Riley went on rides. But in the end Alexandra was the one who said she'd rather stay with Grammy. Riley was funny though. After each ride she'd say "Alexandra would have hated that one!" We had an awesome time there. Riley went on several slides that I won't go on. She went on one called Screamin' Mimi. It's this huge slide that you go down on a board with wheels and then you hydroplane across the pool at the bottom. Her face the whole way down was "I'm so scared" and then when she got off I asked her if she liked it and she said "Yes once it was over." She had a blast and was disappointed when we had to leave (although there was only 30 minutes until the park was going to close anyway.) Her favorite rides were the Colorado rapids one and Thunder Bay (it's a huge wave pool). Poor Dean got stuck carrying all the big rafts for the family rides. I was still getting over the cold I've had since Saturday and had trouble breathing while helping carry the tubes up the hills. Riley at one point said "This is the biggest workout I've ever had!" There was one hill that was so steep I was literally sliding out of my sandals every step I took. Granted they were soaking wet, but still. I must say it was fun doing something with just Riley. It's not very often that we get to do something that is more fun for kids her age. Usually she gets stuck going to playgrounds and places for her little sisters. Not that she ever complains, but you could tell she felt so grown up. Plus it was nice for it to be just us and her. We probably don't have too many years left until she doesn't want to do things with us (hopefully not, but I'm realistic about the teenage years.) Also - I barely sunburned!!! Which is amazing for me!! I sunscreened so much yesterday and I'm only a little pink on my shoulders and back. It only takes me 5 minutes in the sun to burn so this truly was amazing!

Monday Scarlett started saying Riley (RIII-Weee). It's so cute. It is the strongest word I've heard her say besides no. But with no she really doesn't get what it means. Half the time when she says no she means yes. You can tell that it makes Riley so happy when she says her name.

Comments

  1. I had a good time with the little ones, too. Scarlett has learned to climb up on the couches - but not off. And she tries to vacuum. Which is funny, as she only walks a few steps and then gets on her knees - she's faster as a tank. Alexandra and I made brownies - she licked the bowl and cracked the eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears