Alexandra Loves Snow
So we finally got some decent snowfall yesterday. Alexandra has been waiting very impatiently for the day that it would snow enough to make snowmen and snow angels. Unfortunately the day started out horribly. Aric called at 6:00 am (yeah I'm not even up yet), so when I finally get up at 6:30 and talk to him, apparently his car stopped working on the way to work. Luckily he was near his school when it happened so he managed to push it a couple of blocks to his school parking lot. (In the snow and in less than 20 degree weather too) So he needs me to drive downtown to pick him up. So I get me and the girls ready and drop Riley off at school and then spend the next 3 hours driving in the car.... People just don't know how to drive the first big snowfall we get. It took me almost 1 1/2 hours just to get to Aric. Then I had to drive Alexandra to Joy School (which we were late for) and then take Aric home, and then finally get to go home myself. Yeah, not a fun morning. Its a good thing I love my brother!
After school we're on our way home and Alexandra is trying to convince Riley to play in the snow with her. Riley doesn't want to play outside, but I convince her that she can play for just a few minutes. Because it's so cold I know Alexandra is only going to want to be outside for 5 minutes. So Riley finally says yes. We get home and they decide they want to shovel the snow. So I get out the shovel for them and go inside, and 5 minutes later here comes Alexandra all done. Riley spends the next 30 minutes outside shoveling snow off of the grass onto the porch. It just made me laugh that the one that didn't want to play outside at all was the one that spent the most time outside. Needless to say, Dean was not happy when he came home and saw that the covered porch that should have no snow on it was covered in snow while the grass surrounding it was missing most of it's snow!
This morning on the way back from dropping Riley off at school, Alexandra tells me "I love the snow when the sun is shining on it!" We'd driven by a field of nice white snow and the sun was making it sparkle and glitter. It really was pretty! And it was just fun to look back and see Alexandra admiring it. I don't know that I would have even noticed it had it not been for Alexandra. I must say kids are amazing, and you can learn so much just by taking a little time to listen to them and their observations.
After school we're on our way home and Alexandra is trying to convince Riley to play in the snow with her. Riley doesn't want to play outside, but I convince her that she can play for just a few minutes. Because it's so cold I know Alexandra is only going to want to be outside for 5 minutes. So Riley finally says yes. We get home and they decide they want to shovel the snow. So I get out the shovel for them and go inside, and 5 minutes later here comes Alexandra all done. Riley spends the next 30 minutes outside shoveling snow off of the grass onto the porch. It just made me laugh that the one that didn't want to play outside at all was the one that spent the most time outside. Needless to say, Dean was not happy when he came home and saw that the covered porch that should have no snow on it was covered in snow while the grass surrounding it was missing most of it's snow!
This morning on the way back from dropping Riley off at school, Alexandra tells me "I love the snow when the sun is shining on it!" We'd driven by a field of nice white snow and the sun was making it sparkle and glitter. It really was pretty! And it was just fun to look back and see Alexandra admiring it. I don't know that I would have even noticed it had it not been for Alexandra. I must say kids are amazing, and you can learn so much just by taking a little time to listen to them and their observations.
Kids do just have the best insights! How's the pregnancy going...wow that feels good to ask someone else!
ReplyDelete