When Riley Grows Up

I had a fun time last night. We had a Christmas dinner get together with a couple of moms (and their families) from my ward. We have been having a play group on Wednesdays and wanted to do something together for Christmas. It was 4 families and somehow we ended up with enough food for an army! It was awesome! We did white elephant gifts and the best was a silk nightgown that James got! He even put it on!

Poor Alexandra was so sick yesterday though. She woke up throwing up and preceded to continue all day long. So Dean stayed home with her and Riley and I went to the party. Riley is such a good kid, she was the oldest of all the kids there (by a minimum of 3 years) and so I know sometimes it gets boring for her. But the little kids love her. She'd come upstairs to sit with me and then one of the kids would come looking for her to get her to go back downstairs to play with them.

On the way to the party last night, Riley tells me that when she grows up she wants to be a "substitute pet taker carer" for pet stores. So when they have someone who's out sick she would come in to take care of the kittens. And they would only have to pay her $10 for a whole week. When I told her she could probably get more than $10, she told me she wouldn't want to take all their money, because then they wouldn't have money to feed the kittens. She also told me that when she wasn't being a substitute, she would be an artist. She is getting to be so good at drawing (thanks to my Mom and Aric for teaching her). A lot of her time in front of the computer is spent drawing pictures of things from games or websites. One of her favorites is the author Jan Brett's website because it has videos showing how to draw many animals. Alexandra is funny. She'll get so excited when Riley starts to get on the computer to play and then when Riley goes to Jan Brett's site, she gets so upset. Watching Riley draw for hours just isn't quite entertaining for a 4 year old.

Comments

  1. That's my Bug! I was at the book store yesterday, and I had a tough time. Don't I always, book stores are my crack cocaine. The bargain book section had 3 different how-to-draw kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for those substiture pet taker carers. :) Thats adorable. Congrats on the baby honey! That's super exciting. Tell your grandpa hi for me. I love that guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To bad I wasn't there for her!!! Remember when she told me "It looks like we are the only kids down here!" She is so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears