Doctor's Appointment 12/30
Yesterday was my doctor's appointment. We have Kaiser, so usually you don't get to pick which doctor/nurse you get to see. But I really liked the doctor I saw yesterday, and since I'm high risk, I now get to pick who I see every time! (Usually you have to alternate each appointment between a nurse and a doctor, but I get to see a doctor every time now). The appointment went really well. We talked about my past history with bleeding and pregnancies and I got to have another ultrasound! The doctor was so cute, usually when a doctor does an ultrasound it's really fast - get the measurements - get done. But she spent a long time just watching the baby and taking pictures for us. She kept saying "I love doing this" and "look how cute"! The baby was moving everywhere!! Super active! Which made me feel better, just seeing the baby moving so much means (to me anyway) a healthy baby! She also took a long time looking at the placenta. So far it looks like one small edge of it isn't attached, the rest looked all smooth and lying down and the one edge looked all wavy. This edge is also covering the cervix part way, so I might also have placental previa. The doctor said though that that part can change as the uterus grows, but that we'd be keeping an eye on it. If I do have previa, it's kinda like an abruption in the bleeding category, but they have to keep me from having contractions and I'd have to have a C-section.
Otherwise, everything looked good. The baby is growing great! In fact by measurement, my due date keeps moving up (It's gone from 7/13 to 7/7). The heart rate was good (although she had trouble getting it since the baby kept moving around!). We did talk about getting the shot of steroids for the lungs once that's an option. She said where I'd had that with both girls, we'd just be ahead of the game and do it once the baby is far enough along for it. That way in case of an emergency, it will hopefully have had sometime to work. My next appointment (unless something happens) will be 1/30.
Thank you everyone for the prayers and thoughts!! I really appreciate all of them and know that it is helping me!
Otherwise, everything looked good. The baby is growing great! In fact by measurement, my due date keeps moving up (It's gone from 7/13 to 7/7). The heart rate was good (although she had trouble getting it since the baby kept moving around!). We did talk about getting the shot of steroids for the lungs once that's an option. She said where I'd had that with both girls, we'd just be ahead of the game and do it once the baby is far enough along for it. That way in case of an emergency, it will hopefully have had sometime to work. My next appointment (unless something happens) will be 1/30.
Thank you everyone for the prayers and thoughts!! I really appreciate all of them and know that it is helping me!
I'm so glad to hear some good news for you! That's awesome. I'm so glad we have blogs now so that after 12 years of not seeing each other we have a way to keep in touch! :) One of these days, I'm going to post our picture of us in our lockers!
ReplyDeleteCortney - I am so happy that you have such a great doctor! What a blessing! So did Alexandra start joy school again for the semester? I want you to come over and hang out when she goes, since you'll already be out this way. :-) I'm sad I won't get to see you tomorrow at play group - I have a school orientation tomorrow so I can get my financial aid and school schedule all worked out. Wish me luck and I'll talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Meredith