Decorating the Christmas Tree
On Monday night for Family Home Evening we got out the Christmas decorations. Usually we try to do this the day after Thanksgiving, but as Dean had to work that day, we had to change our plans. Usually I'm kinda picky about the tree, but as I was not feeling the best, I just let the girls have at it. Unfortunately after they were done my sense of "the tree should not have all the pink ornaments in one spot" kicked in and I made Dean fix some of it. The girls didn't mind, it just meant they got to move ornaments again. Alexandra's one demand was that she got to put the angel on the top of the tree.
Our poor little Christmas tree has been through 8 Christmas'. We got it the year we got married and were in a little apartment, and since then we haven't had the money at Christmas to get a new one. But it was kinda nice this year, because the girls could reach the whole tree to hang ornaments on.
After we got done, Alexandra started asking where her presents were. When I asked her why she was asking about presents, she told me that since we put up the tree it was now Christmas and she should get to open her presents. When I told her she was going to have to wait 25 more days, she was very upset with me. She wanted to know why we put up the tree if it wasn't Christmas yet.
Our poor little Christmas tree has been through 8 Christmas'. We got it the year we got married and were in a little apartment, and since then we haven't had the money at Christmas to get a new one. But it was kinda nice this year, because the girls could reach the whole tree to hang ornaments on.
After we got done, Alexandra started asking where her presents were. When I asked her why she was asking about presents, she told me that since we put up the tree it was now Christmas and she should get to open her presents. When I told her she was going to have to wait 25 more days, she was very upset with me. She wanted to know why we put up the tree if it wasn't Christmas yet.
And of course Alexandra notices that the stockings are sock shaped...so you know what happened with them....
Comments
Post a Comment