Christmas Eve

So this year we celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. Dean had to work during the day on both Christmas and Christmas Eve so this seemed to be the best solution. There was no way I was gonna be able to wait all of Christmas day to let the girls open their presents. So my mom came over early Wednesday to help get dinner in the oven and play with the girls. Dad was on his way to California so unfortunately he wasn't here this year. I think this is the first year he has missed Christmas with the girls. Aric came over after work and then once Dean was home we had our Christmas dinner. Yummy ham!!!!! And we make ham gravy for the mashed potatoes. It is the best!!!! Mom found some ham bouillon one year that we use with the drippings and it's perfect!

Then after dinner the girls got to open their Christmas Eve presents (which is always pajamas). This year they had enough pajamas in their current sizes, so I went up a size and they were huge on them!


Then Grammy took them upstairs to "go to bed". They read bedtime stories and then laid down and pretended to sleep while we got all the presents ready and stuffed the stockings. Once we had it all ready Dean went upstairs and "woke" them up and they got to come down and open everything. Usually stockings are a free-for-all, but then when it's time to open presents we always take turns going around in a circle. That way everyone can see what everyone else got, plus it's a good lesson in patience!!
In the stockings I had bought some crackers (and those of you who read Harry Potter will know exactly what I mean). Each cracker had a paper crown, and Dean and Aric wore theirs for quite a while!

Yep those are some sexy guys!!

The girls got a lot of books (I'd been saving up from all the Scholastic book things from school all year), moon sand (I'm tired of cleaning up play-doh from carpet, I'd much rather just vacuum up sand!), scooters from Grammy and Grandpa, webkinz and a couple other things. Although money was a little tighter this year, it still felt like they received a lot.







One of the gifts we got for Aric was a RockStar hat. I'd actually gotten it for free, but thought it would make a great gift (hehehe) for my little brother. His reply was "Awesome, now I have my very own trucker hat!" And I must say with his scruffiness, he does make the "perfect" trucker!!

Some of the best moments of the night were when the girls were watching people open the presents they gave them. Riley made everyone little pom-pom teddy bears and she'd get so excited to watch them being opened. We gave Grammy a new mouse pad (with a picture Riley had drawn) and a stuffed mouse (it was the mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"). And when Grammy went to open the present you should have seen the girls, they were dancing and hopping all around and so excited because they knew Grammy would love it. It was just awesome to see them getting into the spirit of giving.

I told Dean later that I really liked doing all the Christmas stuff on Christmas Eve. It was just so nice. It didn't feel rushed, or like a crazy mad house. Plus unlike every other year where I have to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning (what can I say, I get excited for Christmas), I got to sleep in! The girls and I then spent Christmas day opening all the boxes and playing with all their new toys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears