Stake Women's Conference

On Saturday I had the opportunity to go to our Stake Women's Conference. Unfortunately I could only stay for half of the day because Dean had to go to work, but the half I got to go to was great! The day started out with a speaker. His name was Jim Jacobs, I believe he's the director of LDS social services here, not positive on his being the director, but I know that he's with social services (I have to admit I wasn't paying the best attention at that point). He talked about self-worth and self esteem. It was an awesome talk. I wish I would have had pen and paper to take notes so I could share some of it with you, but unfortunately my huge purse had no paper or pens to spare. But the part I remember the best he talked about patriarchal blessings. He talked about how sometimes there are parts in our blessings that haven't happened or we just don't see happening in our lives and we get caught up thinking about those when we read them. So he told us to go through and mark the power phrases in our blessings and then to write them down and read them whenever we are feeling a little down. He read his power phrases to us and then said how could someone not feel that they are important and special when they hear things like that about themselves. Here are what I felt are my power phrases.

Special Spirit
Greatly blessed
Loves you with a love that we do not understand yet
Keen mind
Sound body
Blessed with a testimony
Good example
Gift of teaching
Gift of the Knowledge that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the Earth
See all of your worthy goals realized
Inspire others
Ability to communicate and teach

I have to say that I have always loved my patriarchal blessing. It has always helped me out when I have had difficult decisions to make. Any time I read it I feel Heavenly Father's love for me.

Comments

  1. Wow - what a beautiful idea! I'm going to have to read mine and put the power phrases up in my room or something just as a reminder. It was great seeing you (even though it was brief) at the conference. If only we had all day...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears