Pregnancy update

So, I'll start out with the good news - the nausea seems to be nearing it's end!! I only feel sick first thing in the morning, when brushing my teeth (although I'm now able to brush without puking most of the time), and if I wait too long in between eating. And even then it's only just a little bit of nausea, not horrible like before.

And now the bad news - Friday I started bleeding. I had a little bit of spotting after cleaning the girls rooms on Tuesday, but on Friday it went from a little spotting to a little bleeding. It's not a lot, and it's really old blood, but it looks like I'm in for another great pregnancy of being on bed-rest (and possibly in the hospital for extended periods again). I didn't go into the doctor, one - I have an appointment this next week, and two - there's nothing they can do and this I know from experience. If I had been cramping or bleeding more, I would have probably gone in, but even then where I'm only 12 weeks, they wouldn't do anything to stop it. The doctors figure if you start to miscarry then there is a reason and so they won't stop contractions until you're further along (I learned that with Alexandra and the first really big bleed I had with her at 16 weeks).

Friday we had a play group planned at my friend Mandie's house, so I called her and asked if her husband would be willing to give me a blessing. Heath and James (Johanna's husband) were going to go out shooting while we had our play group, so I asked if they would wait till I got there to give me a blessing. It was the most amazing Priesthood blessing I have ever received. There have been so many things I have worried about lately and every single question/problem I've had was answered and then some. The biggest concern that I have had is that this pregnancy would be a miscarriage. I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father told me that we were supposed to have another baby, but lately I'd been wondering if it was just a test of my faith to see if I would actually do what I was told. And I'd been worrying that it was gonna be a miscarriage. I kept telling myself that if that was Heavenly Father's plan that it would be okay, and that I would get through it. During the blessing I was told that it was "Not Heavenly Father's plan for this pregnancy to be a miscarriage". I was told that although this pregnancy was going to be difficult, the baby would be healthy.

I have huge faith in Priesthood blessings, but this blessing just increased my testimony so much. The way things were said answered questions that I had perfectly. So perfectly that I knew Heavenly Father was prompting them with what to tell me.

I'd also been having some questions about praying. Lately I'd been praying in my head during the day and I'd just had this thought that maybe if I didn't say it out loud the prayer wasn't what Heavenly Father wanted. In the blessing I was told that I should pray out loud and also in secret. I was also told that I should say prayers with the baby, which I had been doing but thought I was being a total dork, but now I know that Heavenly Father doesn't think it's dorky! I know that these were just little concerns/thoughts that I had been having, but Heavenly Father took the time to answer them in my blessing. It just made me feel important to know that he cares about the little things I worry about as well as the big things. I was told many other amazing personal things too. When the blessing was done I felt so much love and comfort. I'm truly blessed to have the Priesthood in my life and to have such good friends that are willing to give me blessings when I need them.

Comments

  1. Great, Cortney, make me cry! I have a testimony of Priesthood blessings, too. That is so great to hear everything's going to be ok! :) I'll keep praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending lots of good karma your way! Thanks for blogging all of this. You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! What an awesome blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears