1st Day of School - For Real This Time!
So today was the "Real" 1st day of school. Here are pictures of the girls in their new "Grammy-Made Dresses". If you click on the picture (it should give you a big picture) you can see the designs on the material better. Alexandra's is an ABC Raggedy Ann and Andy print (perfect for a 1st day at school dress - I think I had one that was black with ABC's on it one year too!) and Riley's has dragonflies (bugs for our Riley-bug.)



And they did a flag ceremony again this year. Here are pictures of Alexandra.


And I had trouble finding Riley in the huge crowd of kids, but I got a picture of her as they were headed back to their classrooms.

And I had trouble finding Riley in the huge crowd of kids, but I got a picture of her as they were headed back to their classrooms.
They both had great days! Although Alexandra was upset at the end of her day. They had homework over the weekend to put 5 items in a brown lunch bag for a show-and-tell about themselves. Well, what show-and-tell about Alexandra would be complete without some sort of Pokemon? They didn't get through the whole class, so they were going to have to leave them at the school....and yep, she didn't want to leave her Pikachu. So when one of the sets of twins (there are 2 in her class) was also upset about leaving their favorite toys, Mrs. P (the Aide) let us go back in the class and get their toys to bring home. So everything was ok then.
I had some photocopies to make for PTA so Alexandra went with me early to pick Riley up so I could get them done. When we walked by her classroom, she was so excited - I had to stop her from interrupting the PM kindergarten class. She was going to go visit her classroom.
Apparently her teacher Mrs. L really likes frogs. There are frogs everywhere in her class. And today she showed them a new chart. It has a red lily pad, yellow lily pad, and green lily pad. They have little frogs with their names on them. And when they are being good their frog stays on the green lily pad, but if they get a warning they go to the yellow lily pad, and the red lily pad "is for the bad kids" as Alexandra told me. She was very excited about the red lily pad....I'm not sure whether that should concern me....
And just to add a note about "Grammy-Made Dresses". We were at the store the other day and the girls were wearing some sundresses that my mom had made them (in fact you can see one of them here - it's the one Alexandra is wearing.) This little girl was behind us and she was very loudly telling her mom how she liked Riley and Alexandra's dresses and how she wanted one just like it. Riley told me (very proudly) "She can never have a dress like this, because our Grammy made them just for us!"
I had some photocopies to make for PTA so Alexandra went with me early to pick Riley up so I could get them done. When we walked by her classroom, she was so excited - I had to stop her from interrupting the PM kindergarten class. She was going to go visit her classroom.
Apparently her teacher Mrs. L really likes frogs. There are frogs everywhere in her class. And today she showed them a new chart. It has a red lily pad, yellow lily pad, and green lily pad. They have little frogs with their names on them. And when they are being good their frog stays on the green lily pad, but if they get a warning they go to the yellow lily pad, and the red lily pad "is for the bad kids" as Alexandra told me. She was very excited about the red lily pad....I'm not sure whether that should concern me....
And just to add a note about "Grammy-Made Dresses". We were at the store the other day and the girls were wearing some sundresses that my mom had made them (in fact you can see one of them here - it's the one Alexandra is wearing.) This little girl was behind us and she was very loudly telling her mom how she liked Riley and Alexandra's dresses and how she wanted one just like it. Riley told me (very proudly) "She can never have a dress like this, because our Grammy made them just for us!"
Comments
Post a Comment