Art Museum

Tuesday we went to the Art Museum. I wasn't sure what to expect since I've never been there, but it was actually quite fun. Because it's summer they had more things for the kids to do. They had backpacks with activities in them for the different exhibits, plus they have things in most of the exhibits for them to do.

The girls got to create a sculpture with magnets.


The final activity in the 1st backpack we used was making crocodile boxes.


This is one of the sculpture pieces we saw. It's like a whole dining room with the foxes all over. It was cool! You could barely see the wires holding the jumping ones.


In a wild west exhibit they had a whole section of stuff for the kids to do. They had cowboy (or as Alexandra pointed out to Grammy "COWGIRL") hats to wear.

A saddle to ride on.


This was one of my favorite pieces. I just thought it was cool looking!

Alexandra loved the crowns they had. The green tiara was her favorite.

They had another section that was just for kids. It had dress up clothes.







This was actually just a chair thing to sit on, but we thought it would be funny for Dean to "try it on".
They had a puzzle block wall to build.

Or knock down....


A turtle to sit on.

In one room they had light projectors on the ceiling that made bubbles that you could "pop" on the floor. This was Alexandra's favorite part of the whole day.
And who couldn't resist running through the fountain and having wet clothes on the way home?
Yep! Alexandra!

It was a good time, and there was actually a lot more for kids then I expected. Riley loved looking at the art and I think she would have a really good time if she could go back and just spend hours and hours there. We spent about 3 hours and I don't think we even got close to looking at 1/3rd of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Newest Addition!

A Year of Horrible

My Irrational Fears